Just bought a new Bug-eye... need DV advice please

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2012, 12:52 AM
Milkybadger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a new Bug-eye... need DV advice please

Hi, New to forums

Just bought my first Impreza... a 52 plate Bug-Eye WRX UK Spec in the nice blue.

Completely Standard and garaged all its life... in really good nick.

Ive move to a subaru from my 03 Octavia VRS 1.8T.

and to be honest im missing the crazy turbo noises.. (the ones that make middle aged megane drivers so jelly belly they want to hurt you) (ttssscchhhh Scooby baby yeah!)

So, im new to scoobys, how do I go about DVs with the prospect of tuning in the future and some actual turbo noise instead of the silence I get at the moment...

By the lack of noise im going to assume its running Recirc, if so can i fit a semi atmospheric or fully atmospheric and how will this affect the running/ECU?

I work for JLR so im in the trade, i dont mind the technical mumbo jumbo

Appreciate any help in the matter, the last thing i want to do is damage this specimen of a car... but i definately dont want it standard.
Old 25 March 2012, 01:07 AM
craigo
Scooby Regular

have you read through some threads on this on here.....

oh welcome
Old 25 March 2012, 01:27 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

How to say,if you are still running OE Recirc valve is best for you,DV is not good option,if you will want to go i would go with Forge,HKS or Turbosonic,those are mainly used,but still you will wasting the money for something what you are all ready have

With some DV(Bailey DV) you can have few problems,due this i'm not very convinced with DV.We are run before Forge and after few weeks we are been feed up with noise and now we are running without the DV or recirc,just DVless

If you want increase noise of your turbo,i would suggest KN or green cotton will do this,plus some modification into snorkel will make difference.Second though will be fitting ball bearing turbo(VF34) which making noise what you are looking or simply you can go with Silicone induction hose which will make difference too in hearing of spool of turbo.

But as i said,stick with your OE recirc and fettle with above mentioned things,but if you will go with VF34,you will need STi pink injectors and recommendation will be Walbro/HRC fuel pump,decatted exhaust and few other bits and after all remap,without this i wouldn't recommend to do such a thing

And welcome here and enjoy staying here

About the DV,this question is covered and really not the best question for some older members

Jura
Old 25 March 2012, 06:41 AM
AN07 PTN
Scooby Regular

get your self a japspeed cold air intaik kit (caik) ... once fitted it sounds like your sucking leafs up of the side of the road and @ around £50 new is a great upgrade.
i have used all 3 dv's ...
Bailey i personaly would never buy again .
hks i am running at the momment very expencive and is an aquired taste. also be very careful ebay is full of hks copies.
FORGE would by far be my dv of choice for that TSHHHHHHH Factor

hope this helps
Old 25 March 2012, 07:05 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Loads of threads on Dv for the last ten years
Normally end up 5 pages and posted up every few days

Older and wiser posters who have considerable experience say dont bother and provide proper evidence of poor running and engine problems

Newer low number posters who normally wear track suits and oversized trainers and have god chains from Argos and whose second home is Mcdonalds car park swear by them as they are wicked man and individual and turn heads by going wwwwwhhhhhooooosssshhhhhh. Ppapapa ttttssss ( I'm a **** look at me )

Old 25 March 2012, 07:30 AM
AN07 PTN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lordharding
Loads of threads on Dv for the last ten years
Normally end up 5 pages and posted up every few days

Older and wiser posters who have considerable experience say dont bother and provide proper evidence of poor running and engine problems

Newer low number posters who normally wear track suits and oversized trainers and have god chains from Argos and whose second home is Mcdonalds car park swear by them as they are wicked man and individual and turn heads by going wwwwwhhhhhooooosssshhhhhh. Ppapapa ttttssss ( I'm a **** look at me )

so basicly what your saying to any scoobynet members who have dv's fitted is that they are chavy little *****??? and all because they like something you dont....

be a very dull world if we all liked the same things!!

Last edited by AN07 PTN; 25 March 2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 25 March 2012, 07:36 AM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

I'm running a Forge on mine and it's fine.

I ran an APS dualport before the major mods and again the car ran fine, but it won't VTA unless on full boost and even then you'll need the boost raised via a remap.

Trending Topics

Old 25 March 2012, 07:39 AM
AN07 PTN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye
I'm running a Forge on mine and it's fine.

I ran an APS dualport before the major mods and again the car ran fine, but it won't VTA unless on full boost and even then you'll need the boost raised via a remap.
do you normally wear a track suits and oversized trainers and have god chain from Argos and is your second home a Mcdonalds car park ??????

no me neither
Old 25 March 2012, 12:42 PM
Milkybadger
Scooby Regular

Well im not a chav lol.... im the complete opposite, and thats why i can actually afford to buy and run an impreza, and i take pride in that tbh lol.

(which is why rubbing it into the chavving community feels all that much better)
Old 25 March 2012, 05:21 PM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AN07 PTN
do you normally wear a track suits and oversized trainers and have god chain from Argos and is your second home a Mcdonalds car park ??????

no me neither
Well I do need some track suit trousers for when I'm football training the under 7s! at 34 and as a teacher I'm not sure I'd call my self a chav. Mine runs fine and did for a year when it was std with the APS, to be fair mine is far from std. now, and flutters and vents on every change!