Notices

EJ255 D25 CYLINDER HEAD PROBLEM.

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2012, 03:23 AM
underground.scoobys
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EJ255 D25 CYLINDER HEAD PROBLEM.

Hi guys am new on the forum so first of all hello to everyone. Am from Birmingham

And have three workshops first workshop where i do my impreza projects and impreza salvage parts, second workshop where i do new bumper, lamps and panels on a to z models, and third workshop, where manufacture GRP fibre glass body kits for most performance cars. I all so have another section where jig work and paint jobs are carried out.

Building my 2.5 EJ255 Hawkeye wrx cylinder heads in which most of the exhaust valves were burnt due to no gaps between the shim less buckets and the cams.

I break Subaru’s but got no cylinder heads left in stock for this model i can get the cylinder head polished and change the cam which i don’t think i can get from anywhere on its own and i don’t really want to cut corners on the job.

I bought this car a few months back and due to a busy workshop am working on it in my spare time. I have already done the left hand cylinder head.

But after striping the other side down noticed some scoring on the inlet Cam and bore nearby where the cam seal goes.

The cam wasn’t seized engine was still running but obviously not picking up revs due to burnt valves.

The car was an x police car someone bought it from the auction and has been to a few garages where people tried to sort the problem out with just changing the head gaskets before it ended up with me the owner was fed up so i ended up buying it of him. I don a sniff test and new it wasn’t the gaskets don a down leak test it was leaking compression out the outlet valves.

So please in need of the Right Hand cylinder head complete or at least with the cams. Its EJ255 ENGINE WITH D25 HEAD.

Is there any where you lads can point me to a breaker or has any one on the forum got one to sell.

All help is greatly appreciated in advance.

BASH FROM UNDERGROUND SCOOBYS.