Notices

Upgrade or Sell bits? Help please

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2012, 05:52 PM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade or Sell bits? Help please

Over the last 2 weeks i have managed to buy a VF34, 550 (pinks), Sti tmic and a 255 fuel pump to fit onto my 2003 blob wrx, all for a couple of quid under 500 notes.

Now then the problem i have is, i tend to get um.. carried away with things (as anybody who knows me will tell you) and when i first bought the car it seemed like a good idea.

so the main issue is my car has done 130,000 miles, i thought the eng had been replaced at 50k, but looking at the paperwork it was just the short motor, so thinking about it in the cold light of day, the heads have done 130k and more importantly the box also has done 130k.

So the big question is would the car survive upping the power to 340+ or would i be more likely to blow the cr@p out of it

would i be better off selling the bits, saving up and next year going for a lower milage car.... poss even an sti
Anu ideas please, as im so undecided on which way to go..
Old 18 May 2012, 06:47 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Dave I have a wrx and the amount of money I throw/throwing at it is a joke. If I could turn back the clock 3 years ago I'd of bought an Sti which in the long term would not of needed much modifications to get it where I'd want. If I was in your shoes personally before spending a fortune on it I'd sell buy an Sti with a stronger engine and all importantly the 6 speed box. Hope this helps

Cheers
Martin
Old 18 May 2012, 06:52 PM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M2RTXbugeye
Dave I have a wrx and the amount of money I throw/throwing at it is a joke. If I could turn back the clock 3 years ago I'd of bought an Sti which in the long term would not of needed much modifications to get it where I'd want. If I was in your shoes personally before spending a fortune on it I'd sell buy an Sti with a stronger engine and all importantly the 6 speed box. Hope this helps

Cheers
Martin
thanks martin mate... have been there done that, so should have known better, but its sooooo easy to get sucked in and get carried away

I agree with you chap... think i will sell up, and tuck the cash away where the missis cant find it
then in 6 months or so start looking round for a nice sti