Notices

Good clutch? Pink box

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2012, 12:54 PM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good clutch? Pink box

Hi. My car has had a few issues and the clutch seems to be the issue, or the slave,master cylinders. So I am going to change the lot if funds allow. I have my eye on this http://www.superhids.co.uk/clutches-...der-230mm.html Or would by money be better spent somewhere else? Is it worth fitting a lighter flywheel at the same time as we all know the clutch isn't an easy job? My clutch isn't slipping so I don't think it should be damaged.
Old 11 October 2012, 12:59 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I woul only fit the pink box if you plan on going over 350 bhp otherwise just stink with a exedy organic. As for the lightweight flywheel, I wouldn't bother mate as the can be a pita with noise and also change how the car feels I would just get your current one skimmed
Old 11 October 2012, 01:01 PM
Firez34
Scooby Regular

It's a descent clutch mate but I'd recommend the AP racing clutch that I have but they are pricey but the feel is very similar to the oem. I've done the clutches both ways now, gearbox out under the car, pain in the *** lol much easier going the route of removing the engine if you have or can get your hands on a lift fella.
Old 11 October 2012, 01:03 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a pink box and cant fault it.
Old 11 October 2012, 01:48 PM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

I plan on doing a vf35/vf34 or tdo4 hydrid turbo swap in my "00" classic, have an aim of 300-320 bhp (aim is for a quick but useable classic for the road). Lost my Job so shouldn't be spending money on the car but I can't drive it the way It is. Yes I have looked on YouTube and seen both ways, I was hoping to do It under, but more have said its better to take the engine out. Thanks for everyone's thoughts
Old 11 October 2012, 09:52 PM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

To add spanner to the works, checking through my paperwork my car had a clutch kit fitted by Subaru 19,000miles ago, at a cost of £200 + labour will a final bill of £521.32. This car was owned by an older women who owns mustangs, firebirds and a gt6, good family friend who i used to work with, So hasnt been tracked or treated hard, only covering 3000miles in her ownership, she brought it from an older man who I was apart of a few own Subaru clubs. Car was total Standard apart from wheels an and a 2.5" to a 3" exhaust. So wouldn't say boyracer either. Surely means I can count that out as the fault? As I Said it doesn't slip, it feels like it sticks on, so it's hard to find the gears, some days its fine others it's a right dog, Won't go into 5th at higher revs without crunching, Hold the clutch for a few moments then it's fine, or at lower speeds it's fine, reverse is a pain to find 90% of the time, first gear can be too. Two garages says its not the gear box either. Car has covered 68,000miles, might need to take it to a scoobyclinic or similar