Notices

Faulty info display

Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2012, 08:57 PM
christrom
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faulty info display

I have just had my 2008 2R sport serviced and it has come back with display showing it is 37degrees outside and my mpg has dropped also. I have asked the dealer who did the service that it is a common problem with this model and it will cost £132 to fix it. Has anyone else heard of this as I have spoken to 2 other dealers who haven't......
Old 17 October 2012, 09:29 PM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 243 Likes on 182 Posts

If it wasnt doing it before the service then take it back to the garage that serviced and tell them to sort it.
Old 17 October 2012, 09:38 PM
christrom
Scooby Newbie

I took it back to the garage 3 days later and thats when they told me it was a common problem and its just coincidence that it happened after the service. I have checked my owners manual and it says that the fault can be caused by starting the car immediately after it has been shut down, I'm assuming this means that they disconnected the battery for some reason, I have challenged them but they are adamant it is not their fault. Is it also coincidence then that I was originally quoted £440 for the service but they had an offer on and it was reduced to £340 and when I said where I worked it was reduced to £310. So if I pay them £132 for the new temp sensor then that will be £442...
Old 17 October 2012, 10:50 PM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 243 Likes on 182 Posts

Well the 3 days after might mean it is coincidence i thought you meant it was like that on collecting after sevice.
Old 19 October 2012, 10:44 AM
christrom
Scooby Newbie

I did discover the problem immediately after the car was delivered back to me after the service, I only went back to the garage 3 days later cos I thought it might reset itself and also I was working up til then and couldn't get back earlier. I have now taken it to another dealer who is very puzzled and he has phoned Subaru UK technical support who are equally as puzzled. I am now in the process of writing to the managing director (as suggested by Subaru UK) to ask that they repair the problem with no cost to myself as it was clearly something they have done to cause it and ti is not a common problem.So watch this space for their response.....I have also discovered that they are no longer a Subaru dealer but are still using the name to trade so head office will be investigating also.