Notices

Group N Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2013, 09:33 PM
Jacko4130
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group N Exhaust

Looking for a Group N style exhaust for my 03 STI, A quick google and i'm non the wiser....

Any ideas for an off the shelf system from turbo back or will i need to have a custom system made, I run a TSL system at the moment but want more pops and bangs.

The TSL system just seems to screem and not pop and bang, With antilag on turned on it doe's but not how alot of the cars on youtube videos do.

Any ideas?
Old 17 March 2013, 09:55 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

If you want to have Group N exhaust,I'm pretty sure in NZ(New Zealand) one company making them for around 1000USD

If you are running TSL Group N which is not loudest exhaust,we are run HKS exhaust and on idle or normal driving has been just silent as usual,but when we are switch to the pops and bangs map,exhaust noise has been awesome,with ALS or LC switched gain noise has been great

Technically any good exhaust fabricator can make for you Group N replica exhaust

Jura
Old 17 March 2013, 10:03 PM
Jacko4130
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Hi there

If you want to have Group N exhaust,I'm pretty sure in NZ(New Zealand) one company making them for around 1000USD

If you are running TSL Group N which is not loudest exhaust,we are run HKS exhaust and on idle or normal driving has been just silent as usual,but when we are switch to the pops and bangs map,exhaust noise has been awesome,with ALS or LC switched gain noise has been great

Technically any good exhaust fabricator can make for you Group N replica exhaust

Jura

With my TSL system with ALS and LC its not making the pop and bangs you would expect, Will have to post a video. Its more of a crackle when ALS is on, Simon (JGM) mapped it and said thats all the exhaust would give.
Old 17 March 2013, 10:09 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trust me you wouldn't like a proper grp n exhaust on your car.
Old 17 March 2013, 10:20 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jacko4130
With my TSL system with ALS and LC its not making the pop and bangs you would expect, Will have to post a video. Its more of a crackle when ALS is on, Simon (JGM) mapped it and said thats all the exhaust would give.
Hi there

What I know TSL are not loudest exhausts like with ALS,LC or pops and bangs.

I will try upload in few days upload video of the HKS which we are have before fitted.

What I've heard on SimTek/AlcaTek ALS or pops and bangs are more louder,but this can be only just due similar cars has have different exhaust and never been same exhaust with different ECU

Jura

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
I've heard only few times GrpN exhaust on friend EVO and I love it noise of his exhaust,but in my view has been too loud,but noise has been awesome

Jura
Old 17 March 2013, 10:49 PM
Jacko4130
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Hi there

What I know TSL are not loudest exhausts like with ALS,LC or pops and bangs.

I will try upload in few days upload video of the HKS which we are have before fitted.

What I've heard on SimTek/AlcaTek ALS or pops and bangs are more louder,but this can be only just due similar cars has have different exhaust and never been same exhaust with different ECU

Jura

I've heard only few times GrpN exhaust on friend EVO and I love it noise of his exhaust,but in my view has been too loud,but noise has been awesome

Jura

I run a syvecs ecu, Will nip over to my garage tomorrow and get a video of the ALS to see what you think.
Old 17 March 2013, 10:51 PM
Jacko4130
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
I know i won't get a full on Group N system anyway after market but want something like this
Old 17 March 2013, 11:12 PM
bph875
Scooby Regular

That's mapped with some serious anti lag!! Would be quite fun however mine is a track toy and I have a feeling that's a little above the 98db limits of most UK tracks!! *sigh*