Notices

manifold - uppipe gasket, and ecv?

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2013, 11:17 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default manifold - uppipe gasket, and ecv?

I've got a japspeed set of headers and a s206 turbo, what manifold to up pipe gasket do I need?

Also my midpipe gasket isn't sealing as the flanges seem to have warped. What's the best way of sorting this?

And finally, does anyone know where I can get an apexi ecv from in the uk? As it seems the 5-0 have taken a liking to my exhaust -.-
Old 27 May 2013, 09:12 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Bump
Old 03 June 2013, 08:45 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

bump
Old 04 June 2013, 03:13 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Hi there

Assume you have 3 bolt headers or 2 bolt headers? Can you please check,in both cases I would speak over here with Alyn@AS Performance about the gaskets,second option is speak to the Import Car parts etc.If its possible I would use only steel OEM Gaskets which last longer than those paper one which are supplied with Japspeed headers

About the wrapped flanges I would try flatten them,speak to exhaust fabricator in yours area,this should be no problem for him or if you are good with tools you should able to do it yourself

Apexi ECV,you are probably mean those electronic exhaust valves,probably you can buy something similar,not sure if in UK is available Hyperflow system,which is similar,but still think cheaper will be swapping yours backbox for something more suitable and quieter

Jura
Old 04 June 2013, 06:40 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Hi there

Assume you have 3 bolt headers or 2 bolt headers? Can you please check,in both cases I would speak over here with Alyn@AS Performance about the gaskets,second option is speak to the Import Car parts etc.If its possible I would use only steel OEM Gaskets which last longer than those paper one which are supplied with Japspeed headers

About the wrapped flanges I would try flatten them,speak to exhaust fabricator in yours area,this should be no problem for him or if you are good with tools you should able to do it yourself

Apexi ECV,you are probably mean those electronic exhaust valves,probably you can buy something similar,not sure if in UK is available Hyperflow system,which is similar,but still think cheaper will be swapping yours backbox for something more suitable and quieter

Jura
Hi Jura,

I have 3 bolt headers and wanted MLS gaskets for it if at all possible as i have a single ply steel one in there atm and its leaking.

Yes i will get an exhausts hop to look at my warped flange and do the gasket it hink!

And finally, yes but i wanted a manual one, its a shame as i wanted to keep my japspeed backbox as it is nice and subtle!
Old 04 June 2013, 06:07 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
Hi Jura,

I have 3 bolt headers and wanted MLS gaskets for it if at all possible as i have a single ply steel one in there atm and its leaking.

Yes i will get an exhausts hop to look at my warped flange and do the gasket it hink!

And finally, yes but i wanted a manual one, its a shame as i wanted to keep my japspeed backbox as it is nice and subtle!
Hi there

As above suggested companies which I would use for gaskets,speak to them and I'm sure they will able to help you with yours queries

Best will be flatten flanges and go from this,sometimes this can help(I still remember when we are first time bought downpipe from eBay and downpipe flange has been long way from flat)

Manual valve I've seen only on the eBay,those usually cost around £99-£150(one company selling this for £990,but I'm sure its the mistake)

Jura