REVERSE MANIFOLD? WORTH IT?

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2013, 03:12 PM
S555 MKR
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVERSE MANIFOLD? WORTH IT?

I am currently toying with the idea of reversing the inlet manifold on my car to help reduce lag as much as possible and maybe reduce inlet temps.

So my questions are what are peoples opinions on its effectiveness?

Also what's required and how big a job is it? I already have AC delete so I would need an altinator relocation bracket and relevant gaskets, what else?

You can see my current spec here if you want to see where I am currently up to:-

https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-4...obeye-log.html

Cheers
Old 12 October 2013, 03:50 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Have a look at this thread the topic was talked about when Tyler asked the same question for his project:https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-4...o-project.htmlSJ.
Old 12 October 2013, 04:21 PM
S555 MKR
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stonejedi
Have a look at this thread the topic was talked about when Tyler asked the same question for his project:https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-4...o-project.htmlSJ.
Thanks SJ, although having read that im more confused now then I was before

Considering the amount of reversed IM you see I am surprised no one has actual figures to go off, ie RR before and then RR after the reverse only considering you would ideally need a map tweak after doing it.

Maybe I need to be the first

As I am sure most of us know simply changing, or adding performance parts dosnt always guarantee any immediate benefit, but its the potential they can give when the mapper gets hold of them and hopefully unlocks some more gains! Duncan at Race dynamics was telling me that yes you can get 400bhp out of a TMIC, however, if the same car had a FMIC he would have been able to extract another 30 / 40BHP!
Old 12 October 2013, 05:50 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Reversing the inlet manifold is more for room layout in the engine bay and shorter pipe work then performance gains,from other tuners and people that I have spoken to about it that have done the mod,they seem to say the same thing that bhp gains is negligible.But if it's something that you want to give a try go ahead mateas in my project build I am going to do the same,but with me it's strictly for looks if I can get another couple of bhp from doing it all the betterSJ.