Notices

Newage GD Sport to WRX Conversion Questions (Yes another!)

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2013, 08:58 PM
Addaz_206
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newage GD Sport to WRX Conversion Questions (Yes another!)

Yes yes I know what your all thinking, why on earth bother?!

People said the same about my 206 1.4 turbo, but I still did it! This time I actually have a reason behind it.
I have purchased a GD blob eye (but with a bug eye interior and key?) for a mear amount but it did not come with the engine or engine loom

My sports engine is developing a knock, I could rebuild it, but frankly there is no point wasting my money doing it. My GX (also a blob, but this time with the later style key) I have already converted to an STI subframe (with STI front anti roll bar) and STI rear anti roll bar.

So my question is what on earth do I actually have to change over? With Peugeots its the (dependant on the vehicle/year) BSI, ECU, Speedo and key fob.

I have no idea what I can use off my GX and what I cant, I would like to retain my alarm system as the donor vehicle has some gash cobra system?!

And speaking of not knowing, since the donor vehicle has no engine, what are the key differences between newage and classic engines? And do I have to run a classic engine?

And yes I will declare the engine swap before anyone says anything
Old 19 October 2013, 07:10 PM
Addaz_206
Scooby Regular

I gather no one actually truly knows what is invloved then?

Ah well, this will be a fair amount of fun to do anyways
Old 19 October 2013, 09:01 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Basically you have to replace virtually everything mechanical on the car, as the costs well outweigh the effort, it's cheaper to buy a wrx or sti and the insurance will be cheaper.

No ones replied because it's been asked that often and the answer is always the same
Old 20 October 2013, 05:15 PM
Addaz_206
Scooby Regular

But does a wrx come in reddish blue though

I seriously dont mind the challenge at all, as currently the conversion has set me back 200 for a complete blob eye impreza and donor version 7/8 engine with a bottom end knock.

Im planning to take out the full loom of the wrx then compare to what needs to be changed, as the less the better in my eyes!

I hope that the connections down at the ecu for the vehicle loom will be the same as my gx meaning I only have to replace the engine loom/ecu to engine