Notices

stalling after boost.

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2013, 07:30 PM
scooby96wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stalling after boost.

Hi I have a 1996 wrx import.I have had a problem with the boost for the last few months.
I has been going to 5 psi for a bit then back up to 10psi but the last few weeks its been at 5 psi all the time but when you take the battery off for a few hours it goes back up to 10psi some times it will hit 18psi then fuel cut.has full blitz exhaust turbo back.k&n induction kit.forge dump valve.
The car runs fine off boost doesn't stall and revs sit at just under the 1000rpm and are steady no hunting.but when you drive the car and put boost on it boosts to weather 5psi or 10psi and when you push the clutch pedal down and let the revs drop the car stalls 99% of the timeif not it hits 0 rpm then jumps back up to 1000rpm.it feels like the boost is chokeing the car to stall.its only started stalling after boosting 4 weeks ago.that's why I changed the things below as the stalling and boost loss was getting worse.
Things I have done in the last two weeks.changed plugs.fuelfilter.tryed 3 boost control solenoid s.tryed another secondhand maf and still the same.changed all the vac lines for silicone ones.blanked off the dump valve to see if that worked.changed the boost gauge and pipe work.checked all the pipes everything seems tigh.changed topmount intercooler and pipe.
I have changed what people have said could be the problem and still no change.I took a look at my ecu today and someone has fitted a z4 as two of the bolts were missing what is the difference to the one that should be in could this be my problem.I took the car out today and it was hitting 9/10 psi in the first couple of gears then hit 15psi in 5th gear.and then 5 mins later it was hitting 9/10 psi in every gear but it allways stalls or hits 0rpm and jumps back up.I have looked at the restrictor pill and its in the bottom pipe off the 3 port bcs.I have two pipes with the pill in witch I got with one of the BCS i bought and still does the same with both pipes.
Please can some on shed some light on were to look at next or what they think could be the problem.thank you verry much for taking the time to read my post any help would be so much appreciated thanks again.

Last edited by scooby96wrx; 05 November 2013 at 07:40 PM.