Notices

SO WHO IS THE TOP NERD ON SCOOBS... NOT BOOBS..

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2013, 01:05 AM
Melvatron
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SO WHO IS THE TOP NERD ON SCOOBS... NOT *****..

Right chaps i'v taken a fancy to a scoob, trouble is its in Aberdeen so nippin around for a gander isnt realistic. ok here's the question... the ad claims the car is a MY04, these are a Petter Solberg limited edition 1000 built with 500 going to Prodrive to become WR1'S. is there any tel tale signs that this is genuine. ie: engine number or spec. any help will be appreciated.. Peace...

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...6YearTo%3D2006
Old 18 November 2013, 03:06 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its bullsh1t ads says widetrack and its not as its an 04 and the widetrack has rear wheel arch extensions and facelift interior.

it has dccd switch and clocks but im betting you they dont do anything.

it has wr1 seats in it though as uk sti has blue.

if i had to take a guess id say he has swapped a wr1 interior into an 04 sti and the dccd isnt there just the clocks and switch, there is a chance he has changed the box as well but for one he is lying in the ad due to claiming its a widetrack car when its not.

the wr1 is an egg shell blue colour only.

Last edited by tubbytommy; 18 November 2013 at 03:10 AM.
Old 18 November 2013, 03:17 AM
Melvatron
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
its bullsh1t ads says widetrack and its not as its an 04 and the widetrack has rear wheel arch extensions and facelift interior.

it has dccd switch and clocks but im betting you they dont do anything.

it has wr1 seats in it though as uk sti has blue.

if i had to take a guess id say he has swapped a wr1 interior into an 04 sti and the dccd isnt there just the clocks and switch, there is a chance he has changed the box as well but for one he is lying in the ad due to claiming its a widetrack car when its not.

the wr1 is an egg shell blue colour only.
thanks bud.. just been reading this in-depth explanation on the model... i was thinking that the MY04 was labeling it as a special model but it isnt. its juts like MKI,MKII,MKIII etc...
well done for spotting the trim detail.. big up...

here's the site

http://www.mrtperformance.com.au/res...ion-of-the-sti
Old 18 November 2013, 03:21 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

its a uk narrow track sti with a wr1 interior, what you cant tell from the pic/ad is if the dccd is working, but no uk sti in that year had dccd other than the wr1 which this is certainly not.

but i suspect he is trying to fool someone with the ad.
Old 18 November 2013, 03:27 AM
Melvatron
Scooby Regular

its a uk narrow track sti with a wr1 interior, what you cant tell from the pic/ad is if the dccd is working, but no uk sti in that year had dccd other than the wr1 which this is certainly not.

but i suspect he is trying to fool someone with the ad.
yup i see your point. no flared arches...
Old 18 November 2013, 03:28 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Melvatron
yup i see your point. no flared arches...
or facelift interior and steering wheel.
Old 18 November 2013, 03:32 AM
Melvatron
Scooby Regular

or facelift interior and steering wheel.
haha... feel like phoning him and having a go.... i'm sick of theses misleading ads... strange that theses owners dont know what there driving... or there purposefully misleading.. i would understand if it was a trader who got it in on swapsie
Old 18 November 2013, 03:34 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Melvatron
haha... feel like phoning him and having a go.... i'm sick of theses misleading ads... strange that theses owners dont know what there driving... or there purposefully misleading.. i would understand if it was a trader who got it in on swapsie
its very misleading as its not a widetrack 100% i just wonder if it has got dccd

how underhand he is can only be confirmed by checking it in person
Old 18 November 2013, 03:35 AM
Melvatron
Scooby Regular

what do you think of this tommy?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...6YearTo%3D2006
Old 18 November 2013, 03:38 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

that one looks ok apart from the side strips on doors, notice the interior and rear arches. thats what the one above should have on it.

for that money id go for this
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...eepers/1808149

genuine trusted seller of subarus too.
Old 18 November 2013, 03:43 AM
Melvatron
Scooby Regular

i seen this, but was put off by the high miles... do you think i woulnt have anythink to worry about with the jdm... are the blueprinted?
Old 18 November 2013, 06:12 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

80,000 is not a lot of miles for a car that's almost 10yrs old, my lowly 54 plate WRX PPP has just rolled over 100k and still sounds and goes just fine, so a JDM with stronger everything should see 150k without issue.

Some people have a bit of a mental blockage when cars get to 100k they think it's suddenly going to stop and never move again, which may have been true in the days of Ford Anglia's but many modern cars will see double that with little more than routine maintenance.

I also think the milage is reflected in the price, I'd sooner own a car that's been driven regularly than one that has spent most of it's life sat doing nothing, with no oil in the bores, un-burnt fuel in the oil, old fuel in the tank and lines along with condensation in the engine and exhaust, and I doubt very much that many people would disconnect the crank sensor before starting when the car has been sat for a couple of weeks, which will cause excessive big end bearing wear.
Old 18 November 2013, 03:03 PM
Melvatron
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
80,000 is not a lot of miles for a car that's almost 10yrs old, my lowly 54 plate WRX PPP has just rolled over 100k and still sounds and goes just fine, so a JDM with stronger everything should see 150k without issue.

Some people have a bit of a mental blockage when cars get to 100k they think it's suddenly going to stop and never move again, which may have been true in the days of Ford Anglia's but many modern cars will see double that with little more than routine maintenance.

I also think the milage is reflected in the price, I'd sooner own a car that's been driven regularly than one that has spent most of it's life sat doing nothing, with no oil in the bores, un-burnt fuel in the oil, old fuel in the tank and lines along with condensation in the engine and exhaust, and I doubt very much that many people would disconnect the crank sensor before starting when the car has been sat for a couple of weeks, which will cause excessive big end bearing wear.

hey ditch thanks for advice, and i totally respect your knowledge. il deffo give that car some thought if its still around come the weekend. bit of trekking for me for the 3 i have my eye on..