Engine placement difference between 95 upto 00

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2014, 04:16 PM
Scoobyben1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine placement difference between 95 upto 00

Hey all
can anyone tell me why the header tank on a 00 model impreza sits further back from 95 I know the induction hose comes under inlet manifold to front why is this is it better or have they added something else on the newer impreza what other engine differences apart from the wasted spark coil pack fitted to inlet as well can anyone tell me and do the changes improve the car any also which would be better cheers guys and gals not that I've seen any on here yet
Old 17 January 2014, 06:10 PM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoobyben1
Hey all
can anyone tell me why the header tank on a 00 model impreza sits further back from 95 I know the induction hose comes under inlet manifold to front why is this is it better or have they added something else on the newer impreza what other engine differences apart from the wasted spark coil pack fitted to inlet as well can anyone tell me and do the changes improve the car any also which would be better cheers guys and gals not that I've seen any on here yet
Um its a different inlet manifold as its different heads. The later manifold and heads have a different bolt pattern. You can get adaptors.

The later car has a coil pack and not the early individual coils on the plugs. The pack sits on the inlet manifold. The header tank is a different design. The Idle control valve is different. Lots of small differences. Both work fine. No real advantage to either of them really... The intake hose goes a different route as its a front entry turbo on the newer cars.