Notices

Forging my hawkeye sti

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2014, 05:12 AM
some cook
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forging my hawkeye sti

I am currently working in the US for the next couple of weeks and couldn’t help but notice how much cheaper performance parts are over here. So to make the most of my current situation my plan is to source what parts I can now for a forged rebuild of my hawkeye sti and then continue to do so back home before handing everything over to a reputable engine builder such as engine tuner or API. The car at the moment is completely standard except for a factory fitted ppp with 50k miles but I would like to bolt on a sc46 with supporting mods that I can use on the road and at the track.

Having scanned through the forum reading various threads this is what I have come up with so far

1. Real Street Performance offers a great combination of pistons and rods. My choice was to go for Wiseco pistons and Brian Crower H beam rods as they seem to work for Lateral considering they have worked closely with both to develop their own components. Would I be correct in saying I need a standard bore size of 99.50mm, compression ratio of 8.9:1 and hone to fit?

http://realstreetperformance.com/sto...your-block-71/

2. Street Rays offer fantastic prices on everything else I was going to buy at this time including ACL race main and rod bearings, ARP headstuds and a Perrin inlet hose. Again would I be correct in saying that I need standard size bearings and rear thrust main bearings?

http://www.streetrays.com/store/index.php

I would appreciate any input you guys may have before I commit to buying anything.

Regards

Roger
Old 18 January 2014, 05:23 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I've used real street before and paid the import duty in the correct way and it does make it allot cheaper then buying over here.
Old 18 January 2014, 05:38 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Speak to them direct they will tell you exactly what you need.
Old 20 January 2014, 09:35 AM
wms-racing
Former Sponsor

I would go for the first oversize pistons myself (99.75mm) you won't know how good your std bores are until its stripped and measured up. 8.9 cr is pretty high and you may get headgasket issues if you push it much over 400bhp. I would stay nearer to 8.5.
Old 31 January 2014, 11:02 PM
some cook
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your replies. Alan from Engine Tuner was in touch almost immediately and has been great giving me advice.

Last edited by some cook; 09 June 2014 at 11:55 AM.