Notices

billet compressor wheels

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2014, 08:13 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default billet compressor wheels

Hi is it possible to just bolt a billet wheel to a non billet turbo?

I have a non billet gt3076r and im wanting to make the most from it and spotted some billet wheels on ebay from reputable companies and seriously considering one but i dont know if the compressor housing will need machining to take the longer tipped blades....

Any thoughts?
Old 18 January 2014, 08:41 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Gary

I would speak with John@Braveheart Developments about the billet upgrade of yours

Jura
Old 19 January 2014, 09:37 AM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Hi Gary

I would speak with John@Braveheart Developments about the billet upgrade of yours

Jura
Thanks jura i will do that, i also have a few other questions aswell with regards to a garrett ball bearing turbo rebuild kit that jds performance of the usa are selling, i want some professional opinions on it so il ask about that as well

Cheers gary
Old 20 January 2014, 04:46 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gazney101
Thanks jura i will do that, i also have a few other questions aswell with regards to a garrett ball bearing turbo rebuild kit that jds performance of the usa are selling, i want some professional opinions on it so il ask about that as well

Cheers gary
Hi Gary

I would speak with John,he will answer you on yours questions on this and if you are need to rebuild yours turbo,speak with him,he is best and his prices are very competitive and he currently doing too rebuild of Garrett CHRA,which most of companies not doing so

Jura
Old 20 January 2014, 06:34 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Hi Gary

I would speak with John,he will answer you on yours questions on this and if you are need to rebuild yours turbo,speak with him,he is best and his prices are very competitive and he currently doing too rebuild of Garrett CHRA,which most of companies not doing so

Jura
Thats just what im after thanks for your help mate, also i think he needs to advertise the rebuilding of garrett chra as if searched the internet for months with no good results.

Thats cheered me right up that has;-)
Old 21 January 2014, 03:56 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Thats just what im after thanks for your help mate, also i think he needs to advertise the rebuilding of garrett chra as if searched the internet for months with no good results.

Thats cheered me right up that has;-)
Hi Gary

I think he needs to advertise this too

I know only him over here and for price think he charging around £250

As above speak with John,he will able to answer on yours questions about the rebuild of yours turbo or about the billet upgrade of yours turbo,if you are still don't have rotated kit,speak with John

http://www.braveheartracingdevelopments.com/

Jura
Old 21 January 2014, 12:38 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Hi Gary

I think he needs to advertise this too

I know only him over here and for price think he charging around £250

As above speak with John,he will able to answer on yours questions about the rebuild of yours turbo or about the billet upgrade of yours turbo,if you are still don't have rotated kit,speak with John

http://www.braveheartracingdevelopments.com/

Jura
Cheers mate.

I ended up biting the bullet and buying an rcm rotated kit and sent the h&s one back, i just need a good wastegate and thats that sorted can you point me in the direction of any for sale?

Il give braveheart a ring and see what he can do for me, i dont think the turbo is knakered it just sounds a little rough when i spin it and theres a little side to side play.
I just dont want to bolt it on incase its goosed and causes any damage to my brand new engine.

Thanks for your help

Trending Topics

Old 21 January 2014, 03:10 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate.

I ended up biting the bullet and buying an rcm rotated kit and sent the h&s one back, i just need a good wastegate and thats that sorted can you point me in the direction of any for sale?

Il give braveheart a ring and see what he can do for me, i dont think the turbo is knakered it just sounds a little rough when i spin it and theres a little side to side play.
I just dont want to bolt it on incase its goosed and causes any damage to my brand new engine.

Thanks for your help
Hi Gary

Agree on the H&S kits,they're hit and miss and RCM kits are probably best and mostly used with great results,in our case as you know we are have few issues with this kit

Wastegate I can only recommend Tial wastegate,but in yours case on RCM you will need 44mm V Band or Turbosmart 45mm V Band,I would speak with John@BRD I think he have some at stock,best will be speaking with him

Usually ball bearing turbo if its not used for time being and is without the oil,have movement from side to side or in and out,but how much there can be movement,hard to say there.

I would speak with John and he will check for you turbo and will rebuild turbo if needs to be and billet upgrade should be best upgrade for yours turbo

Jura
Old 30 January 2014, 05:53 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Well guys i took juras advice and sent my garrett gt3076r turbo to john at braveheart racing to be billetised and see if he could rebuild it.john has been on the phone a few times this week letting me know how ts going and i have to say im very very happy,
My turbine wheel had suffered a lot of damage so that was replaced and rear bearing race was replaced with ceramic ballbearings and a brand new 11blade billet compressor wheel was fitted.
John is getting it sent back to me tomorrow but sent me a little pic to show the billet wheel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140130_165715.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	15179

Thanks again jura
Gary
Old 30 January 2014, 05:57 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Looks good,it might be a option for my wife's turbo if it ever gives problems and start to fail.SJ.
Old 30 January 2014, 06:08 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
Looks good,it might be a option for my wife's turbo if it ever gives problems and start to fail.SJ.
Well all the work carried out was unbelievably cheap and i will defo be recommending brd
Old 30 January 2014, 06:14 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BRD is getting a really good rep, we have used John for a while now without complaint. He built our turbo for our demo car
Old 30 January 2014, 06:18 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Darrell@Scoobyworx
BRD is getting a really good rep, we have used John for a while now without complaint. He built our turbo for our demo car
That's Good to know,thanks.SJ.
Old 30 January 2014, 06:21 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Well all the work carried out was unbelievably cheap and i will defo be recommending brd
.SJ.
Old 01 February 2014, 12:40 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Well guys i took juras advice and sent my garrett gt3076r turbo to john at braveheart racing to be billetised and see if he could rebuild it.john has been on the phone a few times this week letting me know how ts going and i have to say im very very happy,
My turbine wheel had suffered a lot of damage so that was replaced and rear bearing race was replaced with ceramic ballbearings and a brand new 11blade billet compressor wheel was fitted.
John is getting it sent back to me tomorrow but sent me a little pic to show the billet wheel.

Attachment 15179

Thanks again jura
Gary
Looking good Gary,John@BRD is great guy and really I can only recommend his services

Jura