Notices

Induction kit - K&N Typhoon, RCM or other?

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2014, 09:06 PM
mfnick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Induction kit - K&N Typhoon, RCM or other?

Hi guys sorry to tread old ground, I know similar questions have been asked many times before. But I did a search and didn't really find an answer that fitted my situation and plans.

In the not too distant future I'm going to fully decat my exhaust. Obviously when doing this I'm going to get it re-mapped so at the same time I'm looking at fitting an induction kit too. The 2 I'm looking at most are obviously the Typhoon and RCM's.

The Typhoon (the short not wing one) appeals because I think it looks great, has a heat shield with it and I had one on my EP3 CTR which sounded absolutely fantastic and better than any other kit I heard.

RCM however, seems to have the better reputation from the search I did but doesn't have a heat shield, costs more and I'm not sure how it sounds. Also I just want to make sure I'm looking at the right one for my '53 Blob:
http://www.rogerclarkmotorsport.co.u...productID=2004
http://www.rogerclarkmotorsport.co.u...productID=2775

Now unless there's a noticeable difference (5bhp or more) I'm more interested in sound and general quality than performance. I love a good induction roar.
Or maybe there's another you guys would recommend - I'm not at all interested in wing mounted kits though. Yes, you may have had yours years with no issues but it would still constantly worry me.

As it currently stands I have a 3 port boost solenoid, K&N Panel Filter, aftermarket Cat Back, down pipe with Cat delete exhaust system and upgraded fuel pump pushing 330bhp.

So, what would you guys recommend?

Thanks!
Old 29 January 2014, 09:27 PM
some cook
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also been looking at the RCM kit but have now considered the idea of going mafless instead. This would involve the same K&N filter cone, 80mm spun trumpet and samco hose and is slightly cheaper than the price of the induction kit.