Notices

SQUEAKY CLUTCH PEDAL ON RELEASE

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2014, 11:42 PM
subaruwrxs
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SQUEAKY CLUTCH PEDAL ON RELEASE

Hi, will somebody help me before I go mad.!!! Have had 3 Subarus in the past and have just acquired a very very very low mileage WRX S..The clutch has started squeaking on its way back up...annoying to say the least ...I may be slightly paranoid but on looking on Google, there are so many horror stories from the US mainly of Breaking Firewall Welds that I thought Id ask people who might actually know what the problem is... !!! It only does it on the wayback, not on way down, and sounds to me very much like Metal on or through Rubber , which isn;t lubricated properly..Am I right in thinking that the problem lies in the footwell and have to spend time down there to remove the squeak..there is nothing wrong with the clutch...just annoying !!! Yours extremely hopefully.!!
Old 01 February 2014, 02:24 AM
scooberuni
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Is it the actual pedal or could it be something else? I thought I had a squeaky clutch pedal so I squirted it with grease. Then I realised the squeak was actually coming from the engine bay, so I investigated and then squirted the clutch fork with grease but to no avail. I took my car to a mechanic friend of mine and he said that the clutch slave cylinder had gone, making my clutch really stiff and squeaky. I got a new one from import car parts for about £20. Maybe that's the problem you have?
Old 01 February 2014, 09:18 AM
scottie wrx
Scooby Regular

Hi I had this a few weeks ago in MY09STI, lift the bonnet and find out if the creak is coming from there, if it is, it will probably be your clutch slave cylinder, but not to worry it only needs a spray with a lubricant, it is a bu*g*r to get to as it's down behind the intercooler, if it is actually coming from the pedal then it could be the nylon bush where the pedal pivots, again just give it a spray with lubricant, hope this helps
Old 02 February 2014, 06:56 PM
subaruwrxs
Scooby Newbie

Default MANY THANKS

Its definitely coming from the footwell...think it may just be lubricant in one of the many forks/bars...the car has a very very very low numbers of miles..not overly concerned now as it seems to be running without any adverse affect to clutch..think it must just be realising that it is actually driving along...!! Thanks again.