Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Betterment

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2002, 11:44 AM
tobyprice
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
I'm hoping that there are some insurance gurus out there.
I've just had a coming together with white van man and ended up with a bent wing. As I am sure that it was 100% his fault, I am hoping that my insurance company will be able to retreive my uninsured losses e.g. excess from white van man's insurance company. However in the mean time, my insurance company has sent an accident inspector to veryfy the condition and damage to my car. As my car is 20 years old there is a bit of rust on the accident damaged wing, and now there are talks of a contribution due to betterment. What I want to know is, as the accident wasn't my fault (though not proven yet of course) do I still have to pay a betterment contribution, and how negotiable are these companies. I hear from the bodywork shop that will perform the repair, that I may be asked to pay 50% of the cost of the panel. The car is completely drivable, so should I wait until liability is sorted before I procede with repairs? I understand that as I am comprehensively insured, that I could just go ahead with the repair and risk notching up a claim on my history. Offers of advice would be greatly appreciated.
Have a nice day.
Old 30 September 2002, 08:52 AM
neveryoumind
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it's only 50% of the cost of the panel on a fairly standard car, then it won't be much. If they mean 50% of painting, labour as well, then it's going to be more. Askt them to find a second hand rusty wing to put back on and see what they say......
nym