Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AutoQ / EGuard update

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2002, 10:36 AM
horrgakx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Some of you may know that I had trouble with my current tracking device a while ago, the EGuard from AutoQ. Anyway, it was fixed to my satisfaction admidst romours of the company going under (it was Telematix that went under, AutoQ bought them out). The tracker does actually work, and it works very well with a good efficient service (I set it off accidentally once!).

Anyway, THE problem is that AutoQ are not registered with the "Groupama" scheme (an insurance industry thing whereby registration to this scheme gives recognition and so brokers are able to offer discounts etc. - generally all vehicle security manufacturers are registered). This means that I'm unable to get a discount from my insurance company with the AutoQ EGuard at the moment.

I've been in talks with AutoQ for a while pointing this out to them (like they don't know already) and asking what will be the future of the system. I gave them until the end of this week to give me an answer before I went to another company. Upshot is that they haven't got back to me and so I'm filling in the forms for a greater known company to provide my tracking system.

It's a shame really, the EGuard system is a fantastic tracking device which is up there with the best. In my opinion AutoQ seem to be struggling (many phone calls requesting info packs which never came and they still don't seem to have my correct address). This is not the way to get your customers' confidence.