Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No fault claim - premium increase?????

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2002, 10:49 AM
Blairc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick one - Will having a "no fault" claim have a negative affect upon my premium next year or does it not matter?

Cheers.
Old 03 October 2002, 10:14 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Depends on the amount of the claim and what you mean by no fault. If you mean your car was broken into, damaged etc by a 3rd party whom you didnt see then that is still a claim and no doubt you will see a rise in your premium.

Simon.
Old 04 October 2002, 12:13 AM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had two claims 2 years ago, both on the same day, got both claims sorted through third parties insurance, however, I still have to declare them, and it's still costing me, even though at no point was it my fault, and my insurance co didn't even pay out a penny.
Ron.
Old 04 October 2002, 12:36 AM
hades
Scooby Regular

Angry

Many years ago on a previous car, my premium went up by 20% when I declared to them that the stereo had been stolen, despite the fact that the cost was less than the excess, and hence no claim made. Reported to the police so I couldn't not declare it. If it ever happens again, I'd be tempted to not report it to anyone.

There are two ways of looking at it. Perhaps the fact you have been involved in something that is not your fault statistically demonstrates that you are a higher risk. I believe some people subsribe to an alternative "any excuse for ripping you off" theory.

In a nutshell - sorry Blairc, but almost certainly will increase your premium.
Old 04 October 2002, 09:43 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Smile

I had a no fault claim, which didn't result in an increase.

Insurance on my mum's focus was in my name, she was driving at the time as a named driver. Someone drove into the side of us. 3rd Party accepted liability, all though it took ages for tesco's to confirm that my no claims still stood, but I won't get started on that!

When I later insured my scooby with different company, explained the nature of the claim, they said they would note their records but it would not affect my premium.

Chris