Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can they do this?

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2002, 08:22 PM
mark@wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I have been insured with Groupama through Adrian Flux. Last year when I joined them, I had 7 years no claims bonus. Earlier this year I had a claim and expected to lose 2 years NCB, or at worst go down to 4 Years NCB.
I am now changing insurers and have today recieved my NCB proof from Flux's. They reckon I only have 2 years worth! The guy came out with the line (when I told them they were wrong) "We only recognise 4 years as the maximum". Now, I have it in writing that they told Groupama last year I was entitled to 7 years NCB. Are they working the system to get lower insurance from someone to make a larger profit from me? Or are they right?
Old 15 October 2002, 08:41 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
mark,
I don't know the reasoning for this, but my company (royal/sun alliance) do the same thing. I started off with them
at 4 years NCB - after a year (no claims) renewal notice came stil with 4 years NCB, queried it and got the same answer as you. "we only go up to 4 years". I think it is to stop people moving ??
I'm still with them tho' - very cheap

cheers alan

[Edited by albob - 10/15/2002 8:43:09 PM]
Old 15 October 2002, 09:57 PM
Rob D
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Funny you say that, when I was with Adrian Flux I had the same maximum 4 year bonus, although on my renewal (royal/sun alliance)in Sept it said I had 6 years which would be about right
Most of the time Adrian Flux were cheaper however I decided to change this year, because IMHO the system they run is very poor. I had my insurance cancelled 3 times because of a computer "glitch", thats not a nice feeling I can tell you, and every year I had to send a modification report, copy of licence, imobilisation certificate etc etc when nothing had changed...why????
I just had enough that was all.

Cheers,

Rob.

[Edited by Rob D - 10/15/2002 10:05:39 PM]
Old 15 October 2002, 10:42 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Rob,
Weird !! Mine should be 6 now (been with r/s/a two years),
cert says 4... Perhaps I should 'go away' for a year and come back to see what they offer !
alan
Old 15 October 2002, 10:58 PM
GM
Scooby Regular

Once your NCB reaches the maximum, it doesn't matter how much longer you go without a claim as it can't get any bigger. Most insurers have a NCB system that starts off with a 30% discount after one year and works up to the maximum (60 - 70% depending on insurer) after 4 or 5 years. So if your company gives you their max bonus after 4 years, then a claim that will affect your bonus will knock you back to 2 years' worth. This is also the reason why your policy may only show your NCB entitlement as "4 years +" or "5 years +" - it doesn't matter whether it is actually 6 or 16, the NCB will be the same.
Old 15 October 2002, 11:55 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

I had the same problem with AFlux recently, I'm with Sun Alliance for the P1. Well I did have at least 5 years NCB, but cos my car vandalised I had to claim (damage over 3k). Now I got my quote through and I am now down to 2 years as Sun All work on a 4 year basis.

Anyway, stuff Flux, I am off to Liverpool Victoria as they have offered me a cheaper quote (by £80) and alos allowed me to change my exhaust and air filter for a small fee.

Flux sent out the renewal with a "we value your custom and will guarantee to beat any other quote" crap. But can't be arsed with them anymore.

They also have a special deal with Sun Alliance I believe
Old 16 October 2002, 08:03 AM
mark@wrx
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Thanks for the replies folks. I am going to speak to various people to see if I can get the 7 years NCB less one claim honoured rather than just 2 years NCB. I feel cheated by these lot.

Trending Topics

Old 16 October 2002, 10:12 AM
mark@wrx
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Spoke to the insurance company rather than the broker. They said that they have not been asked by the broker for proof of NCB! I explained the situation and they have agreed to send me a letter direct to confirm my 4 years NCB.
Old 16 October 2002, 10:58 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

I was with RSA through Flux and changed this year to Chris Knott and Wren, when the letter came through from Flux as proof of no claims it said I had 7 years protected no claims. Funny they'd put that if they only class 4 as maximum