Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

insured not owner - help!

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2002, 09:27 PM
fluffnfur
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi -

Does anybody know of a company that will insure fully comp on a car where the main driver is not the registered owner? not trying to pull a fast one, but the story is thus:

I have a standard UK Turbo that has just lived in the garage since I got the P1.

I've told my mother that she can use the car if she wants, as long as she insures it. All insurance companies so far have told her that she needs to be the registered owner, which I'm not keen on since I'm the first and only owner, and would like to keep it that way ;-)

Any help appreciated!

Nick
P1
Old 22 October 2002, 10:35 PM
planky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats weird...I insure my brothers car(registered owner) under my name and been doing it for years with loads of different insurance companies.

Anyway i was told the registered owner is NOT necessary the true owner and im sure it says that on the the V5,so really the insurance firm shouldnt be fussed who owns its as long as it not reported stolen.