Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it really worth buying an import when you consider the insurance costs?

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2002, 10:03 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

What do you think? I just sold my JDM Honda Prelude Type S and I dont think I'm going to miss the almost'criminal' cost of insurance I was paying for the car.
I still haven't rationalised if the saving I made on the car outweighs the cost of insurance.
I think over the 3 years I owned the car it did work out a little cheaper but only just.
What do you think? Does the import market 'fool' us?
No flames here, just interested in what other people think.
Old 07 November 2002, 01:27 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

i bought an import cause it saved me £5000. Also it is quicker than the Uk ones. So even though im paying an extra couple of hundred quid this year im not really bothered. Also the import i got has less mileage than most people are selling and some people that are selling their scoobys, normally have a scratch or dent on it and want stupid money!

For me, the import worked out cheaper in the long run
Old 09 November 2002, 07:07 AM
carl&vicky
Scooby Newbie

i've been running imports 4 3 years now and would have one any day over uk spec.you have to argue the point with the ins company though.they are no major differences and thats where they try and get you saying its so diff from the uk spec.if you look into it its the uk spec thats diff from the rest of the world.i had a shogun/pajero but its only a shogun in uk.car plants cannot afford to have a whole prod line for the uk.so we do get the same just with extras.