Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know anything about insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2002, 08:30 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please dont move yet, i need a swift reply - gotta sort tonite, insurance office is closed.

Some1 drove into the back of me. They wont pay up out of insurance so its either a case of be out of pocket or claim off them. Its minor so doesnt cost me much but thats not the point.

I have 3 non-fault claims on my insurance already. Do you reckon a 4th is gonna make me uninsurable?

What are people's thoughts.

I dont want this to ruin my getting a scoob at new year, but as they were driving like a moron, they shouldnt really get away with it.

Thanks
Andy
Old 14 November 2002, 08:33 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

If its their fault claim off their insurance, do you have their details?
Old 14 November 2002, 08:35 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

An non-fault claim shoudl make no difference to you insurance. Did you have to pay anything out on any of the cliams and if you did did you get the full amount back ?
Old 14 November 2002, 08:36 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

yes, i have their details.

Am i gonna have a problem cos its only light scratches (they'd prob tcut out..) Needs new number plate + tow-eye cover + paint for said item.

If they aint gonna cover the costs of the stuff + my time (was £50 REALLY that unreasonable, considering its gonna take me a while of pratting around in shyte weather..) then they should lose their no claims.

They had agree'd to gimme £50 before. Its gonna cost em more come renewal surely...

I wouldnt care if it was a simple oops i've bumped the back of u but the circumstances surrounding the accident were her being a bloody crap driver!
Old 14 November 2002, 08:40 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Chris: i have 1 which was my fault in july2000. And then 3 since which i fully claimed for (1 person into side of me, one into back and one reversed into me in a carpark).

I'm with Tesco and going to do a "change of vehicle" when i get the Scoob. That doubles my insurance but i dont want them to turn around and say eff off, too many claims even though not ur fault.

Old 14 November 2002, 08:42 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

If it was me I would get a bodyshop quote to get it fixed professionally and ring them. Ask them do they really want to go through the insurance. Persoanlly I woudlnt bother putting anything less than 1000 through insurnace these days. If it had been me I would have given you a cheque .
Old 14 November 2002, 08:46 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

I doubt they will but you can always ring them and ask. A non fault claim is just that, not fault of yours so you shouldnt be held resonsible. What you have to remeber is that you cliam agioanst the other persons policy not your own, so it cost your insurnace company/policy nothing.
Old 14 November 2002, 08:46 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

the annoying thing is you can hardly see it. But I know it's there, and the bumper is a bit "off" on one side, just needs screwing in more. The tow-eye cover was buggared tho, and a dirty great scratch along number plate.

There is a slight bit of paint loss by the numberplate lights which u can see if u really try, which will bump the body shop costs up.

I don't mind doing it myself, i just want a small amount of money to cover the costs (around £30 quid of stuff + my time):

£2.50 tow-eye cover
£12 paint for said cover
£10odd for a number plate + messing around with ID for this
nearly £10 for some TCut.
+ a bit of graft, outside in the cold!

Old 14 November 2002, 08:49 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Tesco claim line isn't open atm so i can't ask them. That's why I asked here. I spose i will be phoning them tomorrow to see what they say. But i wanted to be able to phone this woman tonight and say "ok i'm going thru the insurance, your loss".

I can't really do that unless its actually in my interests to go thru the insurance.
Old 14 November 2002, 08:56 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Red face

As someone has already said, get a body shop to check your car out & get a full price quote. The fact that your bumper is now offline & some paint has cracked/missing from around the number plate lights could indicate that the bumper has actually done it's job by absorbing the impact. However, some cars bumpers are made to absorb the impact without appearing seriously damaged (e.g. Mercedes) but, they need replaced in oreder to offer the same level of impact protection in any further crash.

If you find out that the damage is in fact not that serious, then at least you will have put your mind at rest & have a better idea how much you need to get from the other party to cover your costs if you decide not to go through insurance.

Den
Old 14 November 2002, 10:01 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

further to another phone conversation where i offered to get a full bodyshop quote she started patronising me with lines such as:

"i don't know how old you are but i'm 52 yrs old and i'm a teacher"
"i spose you live with your parents, and i hear you have an almost brand new car which you are selling, explains a lot"
and
"you know where we live so why should i give you my insurance policy number"

I informed her that my mom was a youth justice social worker which is better than a teacher and that because she was unreasonable i would be on the phone to my insurance tomorrow and they can deal with her as I have had enough of her bullsh*t. ( I really wanted to tell her my dad was bigger than her husband too )

With no witnesses am i going to struggle to get this sorted without taking blame?
Can I stipulate that I do not want repairs done from my insurance until they accept liability? as I will be forced to drop it if I would lose my no claims.

No NoClaims = no Scoob

I bet she is the sort that would hit a car in a carpark on fluff off!!

Andy
Old 15 November 2002, 12:29 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

thanks for help btw
Old 15 November 2002, 12:31 AM
joey deacon
Scooby Regular

bidie baxter
Old 15 November 2002, 08:42 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

The good news is that if someone hits the back of you, it's normally their fault and insurers won't consider 50/50.

Bad news is that a non-fault accident can affect your premium as you're no doubt aware...
Old 15 November 2002, 06:37 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

They're sorting it out by using their legal cover to get a solicitor to represent me. They will then attempt to recover costs from 3rd party. So i don't lose my no claims etc. Otherwise, i would lose no claims till claim was settled, in the mean time i'd be gettin my Scoob and paying £6000 insurance (which they said they would refund after claim settled.). I dont have that money lying around!!!

As long as she loses her no claims for being a dong then i dont mind that it might take a while to settle.

Andy
Old 16 November 2002, 11:21 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Question

The woman's just phoned up (i wasnt there) and had a go at my mom. Saying I have committed an offence by not giving my details. I was not asked for them, but obviously as it wasn't my fault I wouldnt withhold them.

They have my name and 2x contact numbers, and I also mentioned the name of the road i live in, during one conversation.

I don't really want to phone them as they have messed me about loads, but do I need to phone them and give them my details, or shall I just wait till my solicitor gets in touch with them?

Andy
Old 17 November 2002, 07:05 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Andy

Why don't you phone her, offer to go round or meet somewhere neutral, so that you can EXCHANGE insurance details. If she doesn't agree then, if you have her Registration number & name I'm pretty sure that your insurance company can trace her insurance company with those details.

If she still wants to pay for the damage without going through the insurance companies, tell her you want something in writing confirming she will pay. Then get your official quaote from a body shop & if you want compare that to how much you could do it yourself for. However, you would be better to get it repaired properly as when you come to sell it or trade it in this could come back to haunt you.

Den
Old 20 November 2002, 12:20 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Tesco's solicitors are sorting it out for me. This way i dont lose my no claims while its being sorted.

Just means i have ANOTHER none-fault accident on my record - i look like some kind of a magnet for other cars!!

Let's hope I have better luck with my scoob
Old 20 November 2002, 10:17 AM
Rab
Scooby Regular

Get a body shop to check it out, I had simmilar thing happen to me a few months back. Guy wanted to give me £20 for some touch up paint, I dissagreed and got his details. It ended up costing £400 plus. New bumper hangings and fixings, and a days labour.
Old 20 November 2002, 04:38 PM
TC WRX
Scooby Newbie

You can't charge someone for your time for something like this.
Old 21 November 2002, 08:10 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

As said, i'm going thru the insurance now. Well, theirs not mine. Their loss. Coulda paid £50, now gonna be paying at least £200 more per year for the next 3 years (she was 18, and it was her own policy). She was willing to give me the cash, but her stupid mother got involved. Bet she is real greatful

Quote from bodyshop is nigh on £200, + i will need to hire a car (courtesy cars are shyte, and i'm not paying )

Andy