Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2002, 05:54 PM
barryc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My girlfriend crashed her car the other week and it was a total write off. She was speaking to her insurance company today who informed her that as she was paying monthly installments on her pollicy that they are going to take the rest of her payments off of the amount they are sending her. This leqaves her with not enough money to replace her car like for like. can they do this????? Is it even legal????? CAN ANYBODY HELP????
Old 22 November 2002, 06:13 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

i would say they can. She has bought the insurance for a year but has decided to pay monthly.

Not to sure though cause when you cancel your policy, they give you some of it back.

I guess it depends how long did she have left to pay on the insurance? Some insurance wont give anything back after 8 months or something stupid like that!
Old 22 November 2002, 06:59 PM
GM
Scooby Regular

The premium under the policy is due at the beginning of the year. If you pay monthly you aren't buying cover month by month, you're paying the annual premium by instalments.

G
Old 23 November 2002, 12:34 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When you buy car insurance, thats what it is - once the insurance company have paid out for a claim they have no further obligation to you. Most continue the cover but they dont have to, as they cover you against a claim.

Pete