Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TESCO INSURANCE MIX UP

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2003, 03:39 PM
BigMikeyBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi folks, just thought i would post this biy of info!
The above paid out the full amount of £15600 for my RB5 WRSport about a month ago. I was very impressed with how quick it took and that there was no real hold ups in the payment to me.
Have gone and purchased a P1 so have had to send security documentation to them ( Thatcham and Tracstar ), this i did under recorded delivery.
I today got back home to find my documents had been returned in the shape of some one elses Pulsar GTI r, what an insult!!!
All joking apart, this is scandalous. I have just been in touch with them voicing my anger and frustration over the fact that i have been sent the wrong certificate. The address for that person is in Leeds, i am in Crawley and they are two different cars. They have said they will look into it and see what has happened. I am now left here wondering where my two valuable certificates are!

If any of you guys use Tesco,BEWARE!!
They even told me when i sent them that i would definately get them back as i had voiced my concern after reading about things like this on here.

Laters

A VERY FRUSTRATED BIGMIKEYBOY!
Old 08 February 2003, 09:37 PM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

Another one for the record :-

I brought my WRX in November 2001 and just ammended the indsurarnce from my previous car, a Mondeo 2.0 Ghia X (sad as it may seem!)
In March 2002 the policy was up for renewal and CIS quoted me £1300 which was a lot more than they had told me when I brought it in the previous November.
And so to TESCO, rang them and was quoted £650, fantastic, all they wanted was a tracker fitted and Cat 1 Alarm / Immobiliser, no problem. I was asked to send a certificate of installation for them, no problem
Got the policy through and waited a few weeks for the Tracker certificate, it didn't arrive, so I called them. After a number of calls they decided it must have been lost in the post! RAC Trackstar were excellent and sent me a duplicate.
Next thing, I had the Scooby PPP'd, rang and informed them, another £150.00 on the policy, not too heavy.
Then I got a set of 18" Speedlines from Prodrive, again rang tesco and was told this would be an additional £40.00, great.
When the new certificate arrived, the Speedlines had been fitted to my Wife's 1.25cc Fiesta Zetec!also insred by Tesco's. So I rang them, and to my horror was told that it was an extra £80.00 if they were fitted to the Scooby!!!!!!!!!
I had never, in any conversation, mentioned the Fiesta, what the ****?
After a bit of raised angry voice syndrome, and a mention of a verbal contract with them being binding we finally got the record straight, the wheels are fitted to the Scooby, they don't even go under the arches of the Fiesta.
HOWEVER, I now await this years renewal!!!!!
Good luck if you are with Tesco.
Old 13 February 2003, 10:25 PM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

phwzooom, they told me that they needed sight of the original document!
Old 14 February 2003, 09:01 AM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Angry

Same here. Alarm and tracker certificates both lost. Insisted on originals of everything, but having lost them then said that FAX would be OK [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Also lost the renewal notice on my old car (proof of no claims).

I have written them half a dozen letters and never received acknowledgement or response to any. I have written last week about some mods. Here is their chance to take some cash off me so we'll see if they reply.

Next move is to send recorded delivery. Wording "If you don't reply I shall assume that no premium increase applies" If they don't reply then I will be covered for no extra premium
Old 14 February 2003, 11:39 AM
Blackbird
Scooby Newbie

You're all scaring me, the to55er who smacked into the back of me two weeks ago is insured through TESCO's.

Are they really that ineffiecent?
Old 15 February 2003, 12:05 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

I'm with Tesco, not had any problems with them. All been very efficient TBH.

Trending Topics

Old 16 February 2003, 09:08 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never received my Tracker installation cert back.........sent it 6 months ago, damn lucky I photocopied it.

Old 16 February 2003, 09:20 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

You lot were scaring me with all this!! But mine came back 3 days later.. Phew!

Let's just hope i dont have to rely on them to sort a claim!!

Andy
Old 20 February 2003, 05:00 PM
j_p_h
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Pretty intersting all these scare stories. Im with tescos's at the minute and all i can say about them is brilliant. I sent my cat1 and tracker certificate in and got them back no problems.

I also pay installments and when i lost my job they were again brilliant very symphatic and juggled everything around to suit me.

Thumbs up i say.

John.
Old 20 February 2003, 06:55 PM
andyr
Scooby Regular

Minor note of caution re 'Recorded delivery' : twice recently we have ad cause to send documents recorded and both times there were issues with this - first time the company claimed not to have received some of the documents sent (a number of documents were sent all in the same envelope and I KNOW they were ALL in when the envelope was posted). This was never resolved to our satisfaction as it's impossible to prove to the receiving party that the documents were there - they could have falled out, maye you sent an empty envelope !
Second time a share certificate was sent recorded delivery, didn't arrive. Post Office chase it up, can't find it, we organise a duplicate (cost £25 or so) then the original turns up about 2 weeks after it was sent. Proof of sending may not necessarily proof of much to the company that you are sending it to (espec if it may be to the advantage of said company when they **** something up !)
Old 20 February 2003, 09:25 PM
Stringpants
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I have read this lot...I am with Tesco...my certs were returned within three days....must be just bad luck eh?
Old 21 February 2003, 08:35 AM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Angry

Bad luck to the power of six in my case. Losing one thing I could forgive, but no acknowledgement of six letters is taking the p155. Still no reply to last weeks, I'll give it a couple more days.
Old 21 February 2003, 09:04 AM
danny-boy
Scooby Regular

Same here.

Told me original certificates were only accepted, after a letter from them saying I’d not supplied them with proof of my tracker therefore they would not cover me for theft. I called them and said I did send it with the signed copy of my policy and proof of no claims.

They said “oh you shouldn’t have done that means it’s been sent to filling and it will take two weeks to get it recalled.”

Me > Ok, call me when you've got it back.

Tesco's > Ok sir, I will call you as soon as it turn up.

6 weeks pass, no news, me thinks ok fine, they've found it all is ok.

Get another letter through the post saying you’ve not sent proof of your tracker blah blah.

So I call Tesco's again (Not very happy)

Tesco's> Well sir it is your fault for sending the document to the wrong place.

Me> that’s a novel view, so it’s my fault for following the instructions in YOUR letter, putting all the documents in the SAE YOU supplied.

Tesco’s> Oh, well its gone now, you can get an other ordered and sent over again.

Me > Try again, how about you find the original YOU lost.

Tesco’s > I’ll have a look and call you back

I never heard back and about 2 months later I got my tracker certificate back through the door.

As a precaution measure I called RAC Trackstar and they were amazing had a new certificate the next day.

RAC – Very good

Tesco – ****E!

Cheers

Dan
Old 27 March 2003, 07:53 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

bttt
Old 27 March 2003, 11:49 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular