Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations for an oldie with no NCD

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2003, 03:54 PM
andyr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prior to buying my Impreza I've been scouting around for insurance and have been a bit surprised at the quotes - I'm aware of the high grouping but I reckon I must be a pretty decent risk :
35, no claims / accidents etc for years and years, driven for about 17 years, car will be garaged, fairly decent postcode area (ruralish outside Edinburgh) but the lack of NCD is not helping : last time I had a car insured in my own name was around 4 years ago so my NCD has lapsed in most company's eyes. Norwich Union direct were fairly helpful a while ago when I got a quote from them for a GTI-R I was going to (but didn't) buy as they realised that a car owned and insured by my wife but me as named driver woudl get driven frequently by me also so the risk was as much on me as on her. Can anyone recommend any other companies that might look kindly on someone in my position ?
I'm planning on buying an Import WRX or sti/ra type beast.
Old 18 February 2003, 04:34 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Try Liverpool Victoria or Tom (Rum*) at Schofields insurance (just do a search for either.

Tony
Old 19 February 2003, 10:06 AM
andyr
Scooby Regular

Will do : Have already done an on-line quote with LV which was bearable but still over £1000 which seems a little excessive given what I believe to be my risk rating compared to others.
Old 20 February 2003, 12:10 PM
andyr
Scooby Regular

Anyone else in a similar position care to add any helpful thoughts?
Old 26 February 2003, 11:58 PM
andyr
Scooby Regular

Did on-line quote with Liv Vic : coming out around £1200 which was just, almost, bearable. Phoned them up and explained my situation re 0 ncd although have been named driver for almost 4 years on wife's policy, previously had 6yrs + ncd etc and ....
£817 - result I think and don't think I'll try Tesco as they want Tracker which adds a fair whack to my already high costs of owning a WRX.
(Edited to add that I asked for a quote for both WRX and sti and with non-std wheels and exhaust as there's a high chance that the car that is sourced for me by JVS will have these. Wrx and sti premiums were the same ! Fab)
Have been in contact with Schofields but since last friday nothing so may have to chase him for some sort of quote to see if they're competitive.

[Edited by andyr - 2/27/2003 12:05:47 AM]