Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adrian Flux hard sell?

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2003, 09:28 PM
CEL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Last year i had a policy with adrian flux for a 96UK turbo with minor mods. I changed my scooby for a scooby terzo recently and changed the insurance over for the remainder of the policy duration, approx 6 weeks. The increase was about £80.

I have a letter through the post from them today, dated the 5th March. It basically says that my insurance will be renewed automatically unless i give them at least 5 days notice to cancel it. I have been away for the last week or so and only just got the letter, my insurance is due for renewal on the 15th March.

I wouldnt mind but the quote is £1250, i nearly fell over.... last year i only paid £850 and they said on the phone when i changed to the terzo that it would be around the same figure as last year.
I got a quote from liverpool victoria today for £720, a much more realistic figure i think. I am going to phone Adrian flux in the morning and tell them the situation, i am just a little concerned that they are going to argue that i should have given them 5 days notice. I couldnt do this because i didnt have the letter from them.

Has anyone else been in this situation before, i am definately going to cancel the direct debit with the bank in the morning and take it from there.

I would appreciate peoples thoughts on this

Cheers

Chris
Old 12 March 2003, 11:54 PM
GM
Scooby Regular

One company tried that with my policy a few years ago - can't remember who it was. When I objecter they said "it's just a pilot - we though it might save people time". So it obviously wasn't an attempt to stop me phoning round other people then

They can't make you renew the policy if you don't want to. I'd guess that the five days notice bit is so that they can stop the DD in time. If you tell them now that you're not renewing they should be able to stop the DD. If they can't they should be able to reverse it.
Old 13 March 2003, 02:00 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
As long as you tell them before the renewal fate your be o.k, they should only make a charge if they have actually provided cover into the new term of insurance.

simb
Old 13 March 2003, 02:09 PM
CEL
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys,

i phoned them this morning, they said there was no problem. Why then do they have to send out the letters with the statement "it is essential that you contact us at least 5 days in advance of you do not wish to renew the policy" i dont know

Having problems identifying the direct debit on my statements now [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Damn insurance, why is it so much hassle?
Old 13 March 2003, 02:21 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Saves them renewing your policy and printing new documentation, then sending this to you by post and finally asking you to return it to them.

simb