Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's 20bhp between friends?

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2003, 08:37 PM
gareth
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my proposal through from Tesco. All the mods I mentioned to them are listed but surprise surprise there is one aspect in which they've screwed up. Question is - is it worth correcting them?

Basically my car has the PPP which gives it +10% performance in insurance terms. With my decat uppipe/downpipe I get about another 10% on top of that, so I clearly stated this over the phone as total 20% performance increase. No surprises that on my proposal they've only shown +10%.

Can't believe the guy misunderstood what I was telling him - he even read it back to me. Just think he's massaged the input to get a better premium and make the sale.

Does this really matter in the scheme of things - at the end of the day the policy records chip and exhaust mods and that there is a performance increase. Are they really going to dyno-test my car if I run it off the road?

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Gareth
Old 13 March 2003, 08:53 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Just make sure they CAN'T dyno it

Soz can't help more. My tesco policy is a bit ropey...

Andy
Old 13 March 2003, 10:11 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see tham repairing a trashed car just to dyno it, but, that doesn't mean they won't wriggle to not pay, I'd be safe and tell them again!
Old 14 March 2003, 12:23 PM
gareth
Scooby Regular

Smile

Decided to phone them up and play hell on the basis that there was absolutely no scope for misunderstanding in the original conversation and the guy had clearly massaged the numbers to get the price down.

Anyway, fair play to Tesco - there was no argument about noting the increase and annulling the additional premium that would have been applicable (only £25 mind)...

G