Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPP specification query

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2003, 12:13 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

Most insurances don't understand PPP yet has been around for Subaru's for years

My Insurance (Liverpool & Victoria) said as Dealer option "No charge" I said put PPP on Certificate and I don't care

They then said "Exhaust and Remap(chip/ECU) and 10-20% increase in Power should cover it" and thats an extra £16.80p

Tony

Edited to make sense

[Edited by T5NYW - 4/2/2003 9:38:02 AM]
Old 01 April 2003, 10:57 PM
Matski
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may be more suited to the insurance forum so feel free to move.

Direct line have provided me with a pretty competitive quote for my (hopefully) soon to arrive MY03 WRX with PPP. In order to confirm the quote however they have asked me for the power gain provided by each of the three components of the kit (exhaust, intercooler and remap).

I made the point that the kit was fitted as a pack and not individual components but the guy I spoke with seemed a little vague (but otherwise helpful), and insisted that they would require more information.

If anyone could throw some light on this it would be very helpful. They look at percentage power gains, rather than actual bhp. I have tried Prodrive but their man is off work for a while due to a recent addition to the family (many congratulations!!).

Thanks in advance,

Matt.
Old 02 April 2003, 05:50 AM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

You can't produce figures for the components, because they'd only be a guess anyway.

Technically, you're not having individual components added, you are buying the kit, which has published figures, and for which you are paying a fixed price.

After all, the price is as important to them as the power, because if the car's damged/nicked/written off they would have to replace all the declared mods as well.

Personally, I'd look for a company that had a little more knowledge of the cars. There are plenty out there.

Josh
Old 02 April 2003, 01:47 PM
TREV
Scooby Regular

Matski
I have same car with PPP L&V just take it as engine and exhaust mods and load you for them, you can then do what you want to the engine and exhaust without informing them.
I made it quite clear to them what i had done so their was no grey areas. Anyway £670 me and wife bus use protected no tracker or cat1 required so cant complain.
Supposedly an 18% increase in power but why bother when you can go with L&V.