Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance what do you think

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2003, 11:07 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moderators

please can you leave as a general topic, its not "a i got mine cheaper with xxx"

How many of you have had a car or bike nicked ??

lost your no claims bonus or been lucky enough to have protected bonus??

Just trying to geta discussion on the above, i have my own thoughts and want to see what the general concencus?? is

I was trying to work out how you get clobbered by the insurance co,s when you claim

example you have your car a 1999 model xx with xx mods etc.

The insurance co states "must have xx alarm and xx tracking device, " and you must be xx years old you duly fit all the above and ooops the car gets nicked.

why then do you loose your no claims bonus, as the insurnce co deems you to be at fault??? not taking reasonable precautions
etc.

Hello!!!! a) i didnt nick the car,,, b) i had an an alarm and tracker as requested... and it was locked... reasonable precautions etc

see what i mean... how can they ask for these things so they will cover you to reduce the risks and then blame you when it happens!!!

i think if this ever happens you should not loose your no claims,,

after all if it wasnt knicked you wouldnt claim and it wasnt your fault it was knicked.. hence thats what insurance is for

this is just hypothetical, but i had a similar response when my motorbike was stolen some years age.. and another thing..

why dont the insurance co,s chase the thieves if caught for the insurance money... and if they did they could not take your no claims off you..

any comments feel free

Mart
Old 16 July 2003, 12:14 AM
Paul_M
Scooby Regular

The way they see it a fault claim doesn't mean you were actually at fault, just that the costs of the claim couldn't be recovered from a third party. So if your car gets nicked the insurance are paying out a claim on your behalf that they can't recover so it's a fault claim

Sucks but they've got us by the ***** at every corner [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img].
Old 16 July 2003, 12:17 AM
GM
Scooby Regular

Because it is a no claims bonus not a no blame bonus.
Old 16 July 2003, 06:57 AM
revitt
Scooby Regular

AS just mentioned it is a no claims bonus not a no blame bonus.

I personnally didn't use to claim for anything under £1,000 as it is not worth it due to increased premiums and excess etc.

Had my car broken into this time last year so they could pinch a nursery rhyme CD and did approx £2,500 damage so I claimed on insurance. Doing the maths on what that claim has cost me I might still of have been better off not claiming especially when I would probably have done it cheaper privately.
Old 16 July 2003, 08:38 AM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Protect your bonus - I had an accident in my MR2 with protected no claims, result - £6500 damage and not 1p extra at renewal! It generally costs about £50 a year extra to protect (well worth it!)