Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAO people in insured with liv & vic

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2003, 12:34 PM
CHRIS_D
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Good news, not bad.....

...when i took out my insurance with L&V in July, one of the selling points (appart from the low premium) was that i get FREE trackday cover. At the time i wasnt 100% convinced so i had this confirmed by two different operators.

However, when i received my documents and after reading through twice, nowhere did it say anything about track cover.

So, today i phoned them to queery (Sp?) the matter. Anyway the operator put me on hold and came back confirming again that 'Yes, you are covered for track use'. I then pointed out to her that it wasnt stated on the policy documents and i wanted this fact sent to me in black and white. Anyway, off she goes again and 1 min later comes back with the following answer:

'Because on your policy document it doesn't EXCLUDE track use etc, this means you are covered for such use (which she then explained that effectively this is the black and white bit).

I also asked and she confirmed that they dont need notifying when im on going the track either.

BTW i asked every question twice cos' i still wasnt convinced.

cool eh

chris

edited cos' me 'X' didnt work

[Edited by CHRIS_D - 7/29/2003 12:36:21 PM]
Old 29 July 2003, 03:54 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

Good news.

It sounds too good to be true though, so it may be worth another call to ask if it is comp cover or only third party when on the track. What the operator said certainly implies that it is comp, but the time to find out isn't after the crunch

Doug
Old 29 July 2003, 07:42 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

I'm with them & I got the track day cover in writing (it took a lot of persistance (sp?) thou.

It does say on it however that they advise me to check b4 each track day that the cover has not changed.

All I need to do now is a track day, have'nt done one for nearly a year now , not enough time at moment.

cheers simon
Old 30 July 2003, 11:04 AM
Nowucme
Scooby Regular

I've been asking them the same and getting the same response which is basically it doesn't say you aren't insured for trackdays so therefore you are insured.

I for one won't be going on one unless I get something in writing. Its like saying well it doesn't say you can't use it in a banger car race so therefore you're insured!

Doesn't add up........get it in writing and if you manage that let me know how!!

Simo - what exactly did you get in writing, who did you speak to to get it etc etc??
Old 01 August 2003, 01:53 PM
Silverback
Scooby Regular

Question

Strange, as I'm insured with LV and I have the following exclusion as part of my certificate:

'Use for hire or reward, racing, pacemaking, speed trials or for competing in National British A or International rallies or for any use in connection with the Motor Trade other than by a member of the Motor Trade for the purposes of overhaul, upkeep or repair'

So does this mean 'track day' use is excluded or not?

Confused.
Old 01 August 2003, 02:02 PM
Silverback
Scooby Regular

Currently on the phone to them for clarification...
Old 01 August 2003, 02:10 PM
Silverback
Scooby Regular

OK, after much waiting on the phone...questions, more questions...

LV have stated to me categorically that no type of track day (either at a pre-defined circuit like Silverstone or a temporary circuit at an airfield day) is covered by their insurance policy.

The helpful lady on the other phone went on to say that it was not due to the type of car I had, rather the 'policy' that LV have for these type of events (ie. not covering them).

So now even more confused - maybe a spreadsheet should be started with name of operator (mine was 'Sarah') plus the response they get back.

Can anyone on these boards clear this up?
Old 01 August 2003, 05:38 PM
Silverback
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

As per other thread (and trying to get a definitive answer)...

OK have spoken to LV again.

Guy I spoke to had to refer my query to their underwriting team.

He has stated that LV do not under any circumstances include the use for track or airfield days.

Those that have LV insurance and think they are covered - I guess the best thing to do is ask them to put it in writing.

Me? I'm going to take out seperate insurance for my airfield day coming up - I can't afford the potential of being the 1st Scoobynetter to fall foul of LV over this issue.