Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance problems can you help?

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2003, 01:03 PM
davefaulder
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had insured my car with Tesco.com who told me at the time i need only send the certificate for my immobiliser. Now they claim I need a Tracker. So on top of the £1100 I was paying for Third party fire and theft cover they want me to pay for a Tracker as well.

Do I stand a chance of getting insured somewhere else where they either don't require a Tracker or they charge less so I can off set the cost?

FYI I am 22. Car is kept on driveway. No previous claims. 3 points for SP30. 1 Years no claims bonus.

Any suggestions gladly recieved.

Thanks
Dave.
Old 29 July 2003, 06:37 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
If they never told you that you need a tracker fitted at the quotation stage or when the policy was set-up, then the onus is on them to honour cover. These days most call centre's record the quotation conversation for audit reasons. Ring them back and ask for a supervisor to listen to it (if they do record the quotes).
They should honour it if it was their mistake.

simb
Old 30 July 2003, 12:31 AM
davefaulder
Scooby Regular

Spoke to them today and it was not recorded. I'm currently shopping around for another insurer. Hopefully I'll find someone cheaper. May look into another traders policy as I do buy and sell a few cars.
Old 30 July 2003, 10:45 AM
Soapy Sam
Scooby Regular

Try good old Liverpool Victoria, they didn't want a tracker, but I'm sure it depends on car value
Old 30 July 2003, 11:49 AM
davefaulder
Scooby Regular

I'd heard that you had to be 30 to get a quote off Liverpool Victoria. Might give them a try and see if they will quote or not.

Thanks.
Old 30 July 2003, 12:03 PM
Soapy Sam
Scooby Regular

Check out various threads - this one just down the page covers it

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=231515

Don't know the definitive answer cos I'm WAY over 30, but you got to give them a try - I'm running around 270/280hp modded and paying £250 less than last year without mods
Old 30 July 2003, 06:28 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Dave, check with Tesco's before you commit to another policy, as I presume a policy is current and running with tesco's, if you decide to cancel and go with somebody else Tesco may have a cancellation charge.

simb

Trending Topics

Old 03 August 2003, 11:59 AM
davefaulder
Scooby Regular

After the long and angry complaint I made to Tesco's they said they would cancel with no charge refunding any costs. So it could be worse.
Old 12 August 2003, 03:02 PM
Jerry*
Scooby Regular

Angry

Collection of wuckin' fankers if u ask me...

They do this all the time 'cos many of their staff simply do not know what they are on about... most of them think that a tracker is a museli bar you buy in the newsie..

Problem these days is that people are driven on price and not quality of cover... most people who rave about the likes of this lot have never claimed...

Strictly speaking they should own up and honour the fact that they forgot to tell you that theft cover under your policy is subject to the fitment of a tracker system (quite a major thing to forget actually !) but they rarely do, which is disgraceful.

The General Insurance Standards Council has been set up to sort people like this out...

Depends what kind of car you have, mate - but I think you may find that you will have to fork out for a tracker as there aren't many people cheaper that Tesco that will insure this kind of car in your age group....
Old 12 August 2003, 11:34 PM
davefaulder
Scooby Regular

Hmmm it's a '94 model UK Impreza Turbo. Might have to get a tracker because I'm ****'d if I'm paying £1100 for third party only cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13 August 2003, 02:08 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

Soapy Sam Soapy Sam Soapy Sam

You r the man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you just saved me 600 quid, with liverpool victoria !!!!!! i have just cancelled with tesco 30mins after paying the full premium @ 1000,but they wanted a tracker as well,which i had booked at 450 quid but have now just cancelled, and i get legal cover curtisy car,my wife can drive it and not 250 voluntree excess, nice one sopy

Old 13 August 2003, 02:22 PM
Soapy Sam
Scooby Regular

Virgin

You're welcome - that's the point of these boards - we can help each other, maybe you'll help me one day.

But all I did was search the insurance forum when it was time to renew/think about mods. Loads of people said L&V were good and they sure were. Someone said they might even cover track days??????

So, as a newbie - keep searching, every problem you have, someone has had it before and may know how to solve it.

Welcome to scoobynet