Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let me tell you about Liverpool Victoria.......

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2003, 05:07 PM
stewart_mcg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Liverpool Victoria might be cheap in some cases but I suspect that it comes from paying monkeys to do the job. Let me explain.......

I drove to Italy this year on honeymoon and on the way back we stopped in Munich for a couple of nights. Stopping to fill up on the way back to the ferry, we were hit by a dutch X5 driver, who decided to reverse out away from his fuel pump into the side of our car as we were driving into the petrol station. He admitted it was his fault and we filled in a German accident claim form, which contained both our insurance details, vehicle registaration numbers and some address details. Thankfully the car was not damaged too badly and we managed to nurse it back to Aberdeen. I then called up the insurers and they arranged to have it fixed (no problems with that). The problems started when they tried to track down the other driver.

To cut a very long and frustrating story short, after 4 months of searching - I get a letter back telling me they cannot find the owner of the vehicle (or his leasing company for that matter) despite the fact that the the address is plainly written on the German accident report form which I submitted. After a long and painful internet search (all of 10 minutes) I managed to:

1.Get a contact name and reference number within the dutch drivers leasing company to deal with the claim.
2.An acknowledgement that the car that hit me actually belonged them.
3.I called the driver and got his home address.

As you can imagine I was a bit upset after doing their job for them. What made it worse was that nobody from the "company" could be arsed to return my calls or e-mails to at least say they got the information, especially as I had slated them stating that they were incompetent to handle my case and pointing out to them that they were £1100 quid out of pocket (not to mention my £450 excess)_

Cheap premium or not - I'll be taking my business elsewhere when it comes to renewall time.

Stewart
Old 13 September 2003, 05:51 PM
Dougy Giro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know what they say about paying with peanuts !!!