Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAO: **RUM**

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2003, 09:19 PM
marklemac
Scooby Regular

Location: Southampton*** MY02 STi, Black/Blue Mica Prodrive Style, mildly modded :) :). ***
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for user called RUM.

I have sent an email to Subaru Insured 4 times with the attached Word file and have had no response.

My insurance expires on Tuesday and I am keen to get a quote from you.

I will send it again now (timed 9.20pm) to Craigs email account.

Thanks.
Mark.
Old 13 September 2003, 10:33 PM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

I also e-mailed twice to 2 different people plus posted a copy of the form too and no response, clearly don't want any business. All within the last few weeks. If you did get a policy with them I'd hate to imagine what would happen if you made a claim!

Andy.
Old 16 September 2003, 10:22 PM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

I got a call from them today after they e-mailed me for my phone number, I put it on the form as requested in the first place.

I've taken out insurance elsewhere since because it had expired, anyway asked for a quote for comparsion......without extra security they were approx £400 more, with Tracker they were £100ish more, therefore not worth all the hassle of getting a quote at all.

Andy.
Old 17 September 2003, 08:33 AM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Andy,

Sorry we couldn't help on this occasion...

The reason I emailed you was that I spotted the post on here (above) and thought the quickest way to get in touch was for me to give you a ring there and then (guess you can't win ??!!)...Craig had the forms (which as you say had your phone number on....) and then spoke to you as you say. If we could undercut and win everyones business I guess I'd have retired by now But alas we can't always win them all...

In the last 12 months we have sorted policies for over 1500 Scooby owners...in most cases beating their existing/best price by a considerable amount...however, and this is obviously a big however, for everyone that we have sorted cover for we have probably lost 3 (at quote stage)!!!

Our renewal retention is however presently at 85% which is considerably higher than most of our competitors

With regard to claims I would hope that everyone that has had to deal with us as a customer whether claiming or not has been happy with the personal service we have provided...

I accept that on occasions our response times are not satisfactory and to this end I am considering taking the email enquiry forms off the net (our site and subaru uk) so that everyone has to ring in for a quote....certainly until I manage to sort some form of online quote system...

I am continuously negotiating with underwriters to obtain new rates for all models of the brand. I have recently secured rates with Zurich and Groupama for STI and WRX and to include PPP for both. The rate for PPP with us is a standard £100.00....we have preferential rates with most of the other underwriters....however we are not able to secure the same rates as the Direct companies....although at times we still manage to beat their rates.

I am sorry that there was a delay in responding to both of you and equally that on this occasion we were uncompetitive...

Tom
Director
Subaru Insured

[Edited by Rum* - 9/17/2003 8:36:49 AM]