Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

copy of post (in Motor Sports general) re insurance for road rallys

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2003, 03:01 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Is worth it these days to be totally honest???? [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I just got me a 89 reg Nova for Road Rallying (great so far )

I phoned my insurance co. and said i would like to use this car for low milage general use, and this is where the brown stuff hit the fan, for standard production road rallying (bearing in mind i would be covering the car using the Alexanda Forbes scheme for all events). NO ONE WILL TOUCH IT [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I only want 3rd party F&T less than 5k miles a year and the missus as second driver.

Any contacts?? ANYONE!!???

Or should i just insure it as normal and keep stum about the rallying bit?

Cheers in advance

Steve
Old 17 September 2003, 03:46 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Question

no replys due to bein a stupid question ???
Old 17 September 2003, 04:58 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steve - it's nearly 20 years since I did any road rallying. The position then was that some insurers would cover road rallying (at extra cost) and others wouldn't. For people insured with companies (like mine) that wouldn't cover road rallying, Third Party cover to replace my main cover was available at something like £5 per event through an insurer associated with the RAC MSA (which sounds like the Alexander Forbes cover that you mention).

So, if you're finding that nobody will insure you for road rallying, don't mention it to them (or once they've said "No", ask to go ahead without road rally cover.) That way, you'll be covered by them for daily use, and you'll have the Alexander Forbes Third Party cover during events. Obviously you won't have cover for accidental damage to your car during the event, but if you were only going for TPF&T for normal use, you wouldn't have accidental damage cover at other times, either.

All legal.

Doug
Old 17 September 2003, 05:23 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Cheers Doug

Just what i was thinking.

But it does go to show that if your forward and honest with insurance co.'s they just throw a wobbler and spit thier dumbies out TYPICAL!!!!

i was'nt even asking them to cover me on events (thats sorted) i just made the big mistake of mentioning the word RALLY

anyways i cant be bothered getting insurance sorted today, i will do it tomorrow. (anti-flame BTW im not driving it yet )

any other comments in the mean time would be gratefull

Steve