Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long to wait ?

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2003, 11:30 AM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

How long should i give my old insurance company to send out proof of my no claims disscount ?
My policy expired on the 17th and they said it would be issued by the actual insurance company and not them as they are only the broker.
I need it for my new company,it makes me laugh as the renewal from the old company had all my details and mods on the form but they deliberately leave the NCB section blank.

Zippy
Old 22 October 2003, 02:46 PM
Barnesy
Scooby Regular

Had the same with my old insurance company. It never arrived, so after much fannying about on the phone I got my new insures to get the ncb over the phone.
Old 22 October 2003, 06:18 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
At the most 7 days, keep ringing them until you receive it or as mentioned in the above post, see if your existing company will contact your old one, by phone and do a telephone declaration.

simb
Old 23 October 2003, 08:14 AM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys,according to the old company it was issued yesterday and should be with me by Thursday.We shall see.
What winds me up is having to chase it in the first place as when i joined them they were on at me to supply my proof from another company.

Zippy
Old 27 October 2003, 06:00 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Ian

I had a right **** up with mine (Tesco) they never renewed my insurance (long story). So when it got set up again with them, they wanted my proof of no claims. I said they had it as they were the last to insure me. Over the next few weeks i got "We're gonna cancel your insurance if we dont get proof". I rang up and got the name of the lad who dealt with (Ross), he said all was okay.

Again i got a letter asking for it. I phoned again and spoke to Claire, she said "we haven't got it", i said "do you know Ross XXXX" she said " Ooh yes, he sits opposite me".

I said "Well tell the ****** to pull his finger out and pass it to you"

I got a letter 3 weeks later saying that they had recieved copy of no claims discount from previous insurer. WTF

Pete