Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick question for you lot..........

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2004, 07:11 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Quick question for you lot..........

When getting a driver named on your insurance policy have you ever been asked to provide a photocopy of the named driver's licence?
Old 27 July 2004, 08:10 AM
ShyTot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, but it has always been my wife.
Same the other way round, she has never been asked either.

Thats with LV, Direct Line & Privilege
Old 27 July 2004, 08:38 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Cheers
My mate is getting insured on another mate's car. The second mate is insisting that he has a photocopy of his licence. I can't come up with a reason as to why the insurance co. would ask for it. I also can't imagine why the second lad would want a copy if it isn't for his insurance co.
Old 27 July 2004, 08:05 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Anyone have anything to add?
Old 27 July 2004, 11:52 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

If a claim is being made (accident etc) then they might ask for a copy of your/drivers DL.
Plus isn't the 2nd driver only covered by 3rd party only? Risky
I was speaking to a chap at work in regards to his partner being on his insurance policy (not the main driver) which covers her 3rd party only.
Not only that, if she is involved in a accident & at fault. The main driver loses his NCB if any?
Not sure how true this is.
Old 28 July 2004, 07:17 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

He is gonna be a named driver which is covered comprehensively (sp?)
I could understand if there was a claim being made but requiring the DL just to be a named driver???????????
Old 28 July 2004, 01:23 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Yup I've been asked before - by think it was Endsleigh - I had nothing to hide when I was added as a named driver so I didnt mind - just photocipied it and faxed it over

Some strange comments on here

- if your a named driver than you are covered fully comp............ the only ones covered 3rd party are the ones that drive your car off their insurance policy - common sense really

If a named driver has an accident in your vehicle........ then with most cases it will affect that named driver and the main driver of the vehicle who has taken the insurance out - its a scam really - some companies dont take it into account if its the other driver - but you have to declare it anyway

My wife put her 19 yr old brother on a car policy - who subsequently wrote it off - affected her and the brother........ but got a good quote on a wrx 04 with Elephant who didnt load very much for this incident - i.e. about £50........

Plus you would'nt lose your no claims if you had protected them (2 claims in 5 yrs)

You have to shop around - I was getting quotes for the wife of over £2k with some companies.......... (over 30, 10 yrs driving/full yrs bonuses, never had an accident herself, no points) but Elephant came up trumps at £700 on a brand new wrx 04
Old 29 July 2004, 02:12 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Nope - not me or named driver. IIRC you are declaring everything is true so if you knowingly added a non-licensed driver and made a claim you'd most probably end up in court as well as not having cover. Nor was I asked when a colleague wanted to test drive a car I'm selling and I added him to the insurance for a day.