Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance for Imported new age STIs (under 30)

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2004, 01:13 PM
New_scooby_04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Insurance for Imported new age STIs (under 30)

Hi All,

Apologies if this kind of request has appeared countless times before in the insurance section, but a quick scan didn't generate anything useful.

Where can I get a decent quote for an imported New age STI and, for that matter, a good quote on a UK STI for comparision.

I need Social, domestic and commuting cover, no named drivers, good postcode, no accidents or convictions of any kind, held a full license for 9 years, Uk resident, professional (allegedly) :-)

Here's the bad news: I'm 27 with no-no claims bonus (been a named driver)

Any help would be much appreciated.

With many thanks in advance.
Old 30 July 2004, 01:45 PM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

I've also been a 'named' rather than registered driver on company cars and couldn't get a ncb certificate

Admiral were the best I found for 0 ncb but I'm not sure if they have age restrictions or not....give em a bell or try their website

cheers
Old 30 July 2004, 03:47 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think your on to a no hoper here
The 0 no claims wont count for you, this is why its best to not be a named driver and build up your bonus (even if its on a 50 quid banger!).
If you want a scare, here goes!
I have full ncb on my MY03 JDM STi, i also have a 10 year old ford mondeo that i use for work, tpft, i was getting quotes for the mondeo that were more than the quotes on my STi and thats starting from 0 ncb on tpft
Realistically its either going to be horrendous ammounts or they wont touch you with 0 ncb (people wouldnt touch me and thats even telling them i have full ncb on a 300bhp second car!)

Tony