Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

traders insurance

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2004, 05:57 PM
zee_007
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traders insurance

just wondering can you build up your no claims on a traders insurance? i not about to go on it(i cant as im not in the motoring industry). as i was reading another forum about a 17 y/o kid with a 1991 celica gt as his first car & then written it off in no time due to lack off experience. so he then got a MR2 turbo import on a traders insurance, as he works in his dads garage. surely the owner or the boss of the garage is the main policy holder? am i right? but this kid is already modding this imported MR2 turbo out of his pocket money as the car is his!

also this month Banzai imported supra with nitrous is owned by a 18 y/o also motor trade insurance yet again working with his dad. & modifying the car as its his. also is their any loop holes in what these 'kids' are doing? as these people are using & modding the car as its theirs.

Last edited by zee_007; 31 July 2004 at 05:59 PM.
Old 31 July 2004, 08:45 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to answer your main first question, no you cannot build your own no claims bonus as a traders policy doesn't just cover you and only one car

trust me when i say it's not as though traders dont have to pay through the teeth for cover either. it's basically down to little ***** taking daddies ferrari or lamborghini out for a spin and claiming the insurance when he wraps it. it's like anything else, it has consequences. the dealers premium then gets bumped up. it's certainly more worthwhile if your gonna be sticking about in the traders policy, but if your not, no noclaims bonus doesn't help...as you know. up to you bud