Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Liverpool Victoria - Scoob Renewal Price Up 31%?!

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2004, 05:09 PM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liverpool Victoria - Scoob Renewal Price Up 31%?!

My Liverpool Victoria Insurance on a UK Scoob MY00 is up for renewal. The price is 31% up on last year despite no change in details - anyone else experienced similar rises?

I talked to them on Tuesday and they thought it was a mistake and would look into it - he said they would investigate and get back to me.

I hadn't heard anything so contacted them today. The man on the phone said that they aren't looking into it and the quote is correct - he mentioned a big Impreza claim in particular which has increased premiums.

I'd be interested if anyone else has had similar with L&V - starting to regret recommending them to loads of people...

Cheers,

Ian.
Old 07 August 2004, 02:34 PM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

My Insurance is up as well...I just phoned them today. I've got an old Legacy Turbo and it a joke my quote!!! I asked why and the guy wasn't very helpful. By the way how long if there could be a potential third party claim do they have to wait until I'm in the clear? Its that guy who wanted money for the job and I think he wasn't Insured.
Old 07 August 2004, 05:54 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

looks like im laughing all the way to the bank then or optimax centre

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=351215
Old 07 August 2004, 06:25 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Mine is the same, no difference for changing to an evo either Who said evos cost more to insure. Full business use for no extra either
Old 07 August 2004, 07:05 PM
worldwidewebs
Scooby Regular

I just told them I'd changed the wheels. They said that was ok but they wouldn't cover me for any other mods!
Old 07 August 2004, 07:12 PM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

just renewed mine again with Liv-Vic, and what a surprise... its gone up again

by an extra £3

Phil
Old 07 August 2004, 07:35 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

I just got my renewal figure from LV & it has gone up £25.
I called them to make them aware that I had recieved 3 points (sp30) so would the renewal quote remain the same. Chap on the phone said no difference.

From looking at other peeps quotes who are with LV & have similar details to mine (imported earlier wrx, age, ncb, sp30)
It seems I am paying £150 to £200 more, must be my postcode (Bham)
Overall I am happy with the quote as other insurance companies go into 4 figures. Plus if there are any mods to your car, some won't even quote other charge 10% to 50% more depending on mods?

So I think I will be sticking with them for this year anyway.

Ian E
Yours has got to be a mistake (31%)
Old 07 August 2004, 08:44 PM
JohnnyR6
Scooby Regular

Anyone got the number for L+V so i can give them a try?
Old 07 August 2004, 09:16 PM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ticky
Ian E
Yours has got to be a mistake (31%)
Yes thats what I thought - and that what the first chap I spoke to at LV thought. He was very helpful and said they would investigate and get back to me. He even said they could extend my current cover by 7 days if needs be until it was sorted. After four days when I hadn't heard anything I chased them up and got a bit of a take it or leave it response. Maybe someone will eventually get back to me?

Thanks for all the feedback - the fact that other people are receiving renewals with just a small increase goes against what I was told on the phone about all Impreza premiums increasing substantially.

I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

Cheers,

Ian.
Old 08 August 2004, 11:54 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I blame Mr Walls for the rise!
Old 09 August 2004, 09:11 PM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

Not heard anything back from them yet.

Anyone else had a renewal recently from Liverpool Victoria?

Cheers,

Ian.
Old 09 August 2004, 09:24 PM
5cby
Scooby Regular

i had my renewal from l+v the other day
and its down by about 150 quid
its now 760 quid
with mods declared aswell
business use aswell no extra charge not that i need it
got my sp30 on there also
fully comp protected no claims
both me and the wife(im 33 and wife is 28)

steve
Old 10 August 2004, 08:58 AM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Hmm LV would only recently insure the wife as she is now 30........ They would'nt touch her before she was 30 and she has her own full no claims, no points, no accidents, etc

Why cant LV get their act together........... My insurance is up at the end of this month so I best start ringing around - I expect to get the LV renewal a few days before it expires........
Old 10 August 2004, 11:41 AM
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fangoria
Hmm LV would only recently insure the wife as she is now 30........ They would'nt touch her before she was 30 and she has her own full no claims, no points, no accidents, etc

Why cant LV get their act together........... My insurance is up at the end of this month so I best start ringing around - I expect to get the LV renewal a few days before it expires........
I think it depends on the car with L+V. If it's a UK classic they will insure people over the age of 25, but if it's an import/WRX/STi then you have to be over 30. I'm looking to move to mod-friendly L+V in October when my fiancee is 25 (car is a MY00).
Old 10 August 2004, 12:31 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Hi Steve,

Are you running a UK model or import model.

ps. YHPM
Old 10 August 2004, 12:45 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Steve,

L+V don't have a 4 door classic STI on the books, so they can't quote on them. Been that way for the last couple of years. If you have a type R, thats fine.

Moray
Old 10 August 2004, 01:32 PM
New_scooby_04

Having just spoken to them, I can confirm that L&V will only insure under 30's for no higher than a group 17 car e.g. classic turbo. Anything above that e.g. UK WRX, STi and Jap imports and you have to be 30, regardless of how many years no claims bonus you may have. Bummer!

However, I must say that they were one of the few companies that would give me a feasible quote, are very mod friendly and I found them to be helpful. Their 2 for 1 NCB scheme for Newbies is an exceptionally good idea, too!

A31% Rise could only mean a significant change in details (maybe an error/typo) on their system or be the result of a claim or serious conviction. If you haven't already, I'd get them to reiterate ALL of your details back to you as it appears on their database to ensure accuracy.

If not try Keith Michaels (Also mod friendly)
Good luck.
Old 11 August 2004, 01:23 PM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

Just got my re-newal quote through and it has increased by about £10 I think - due 28/08.

What puzzles me is the vast difference there appears to be on quotes on here (scoobynet) with the same provider (not just L&V) for people with similar cars, mods, ages but different post codes (one in particular is only about 30 miles away from me though). I can't believe the post code can make between £120 - £250 difference! Or am I that wrong?

Would be interesting to hear comments/views.

Max
Old 11 August 2004, 01:42 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

I renewed with L+V end of July and it was £200 cheaper which surprised me as a renewal quote over the phone a month before was at least £200 more than my previuos year ??
Old 11 August 2004, 07:00 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by scoobimax
Just got my re-newal quote through and it has increased by about £10 I think - due 28/08.

What puzzles me is the vast difference there appears to be on quotes on here (scoobynet) with the same provider (not just L&V) for people with similar cars, mods, ages but different post codes (one in particular is only about 30 miles away from me though). I can't believe the post code can make between £120 - £250 difference! Or am I that wrong?

Would be interesting to hear comments/views.

Max
I thought the same, paying £100 more with similar details to another sn member. The difference being I own a jap import, were as his car being a uk model.
I think the jap model are group 20 & uk models 17.
Old 11 August 2004, 07:07 PM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

Red face

Spoke to someone at LV last night. They are saying that certain postcodes such as Birmingham, Bradford etc. have been re-classified and this is the sole reason for the rise.

What other companies insure UK Scoobs without tracker?
Old 11 August 2004, 07:11 PM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

Red face

Just checked my VISA statement and LV charged me the full amount on 6/8/4 - insurance not due until 14th anyway...
Old 11 August 2004, 07:46 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

I got my renewal quote last week advising me to complete/sign & return the letter/application if wanted to continue insurance with LV.
I was given options for payment : CC,DD,Monthly installments etc.

It's not right them taking your £££ with out your permission.
Old 12 August 2004, 12:54 PM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

What other companies insure UK Scoobs without tracker?
Well you'd have thought Tesco's looking here - Try this thread look at post #11

But this is my experience quoted on another thread

I phoned Tesco for a quote last week after reading on here a bloke was quoted £500ish fully comp on a MY99 UK Turbo (like mine) with no tracker. They get to the question about is a tracker fitted. 'No' I answer. Well we can't insure it then. But I've seen a post on scoobynet for the same car with no tracker fitted and he's got a quote of... What category is it in I'm asked. No idea, what's a 'category' anyway, it's still the same model and year of car. Category is an insurance term we use. Like that expalins it clearly now, so what's the price with out a tracker then? We can't insure it without one. Right thanks for that then and for clearly explaining things to me. Guess what I'll not be calling them again. L&V still the best quote to date.
<rant mode off> sorry for all that, but feel much better for getting of my chest.
I'd be interested in other companies who don't insist on a tracker - I don't want my car back if some thieving scum has ragged it about! They can keep it and I'll buy another another and start again.

Max