Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questionable quote from L&V - advice

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2004, 12:43 PM
UHF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questionable quote from L&V - advice

Ok, i read all the good and bad stories about L&V, I'm now 25 and phoned them up for a quote.

Car is a 1999 uk turbo with lots of mods including turbo etc

Anyway, they quoted me around £1500 with a £450 excess and I asked about mods (cos for a basic car the above is just not competative), and the woman said that they dont care about mods and that I should take a pic of all the mods ready for if I needed to make a claim and that they would be taken into account when paying out.

That all sounds suspect as other people said they've had to list them to L&V and every other company insists on taking them into account anyway.

I'm hoping the paper work I receive (quote) clearly states that mods are covered, she also said that the only mod i'm not allowed to do is change the size of the engine without telling them!

Anyone had similar experiences, like i said, i'm hoping the quote will say what she said then i got it in black and white.
Old 11 August 2004, 01:12 PM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

I'm with L&V and my schedule states exhaust modifications - which is all I've got apart from minor cosmetics (clear indicators etc).

This suggests to me they like to have them listed . And they've never told me to take any pictures for in case I need to make a claim!

An insurance company saying different things to customers? I can't believe that!

And anothe rthing on this type of topic...

I phoned Tesco for a quote last week after reading on here a bloke was quoted £500ish fully comp on a MY99 UK Turbo (like mine) with no tracker. They get to the question about is a tracker fitted. 'No' I answer. Well we can't insure it then. But I've seen a post on scoobynet for the same car with no tracker fitted and he's got a quote of... What category is it in I'm asked. No idea, what's a 'category' anyway, it's still the same model and year of car. Category is an insurance term we use. Like that expalins it clearly now, so what's the price with out a tracker then? We can't insure it without one. Right thanks for that then and for clearly explaining things to me. Guess what I'll not be calling them again. L&V still the best quote to date.
<rant mode off> sorry for all that, but feel much better for getting of my chest.

Max

Last edited by scoobimax; 12 August 2004 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11 August 2004, 01:40 PM
UHF
Scooby Regular

I think i'll insist they list the mods on the policy or confirm in a seperate letter then.

I had a similar thing with Directline when i first went with them, so I asked to speak directly to the underwriter (which to my surprise i managed to do) and they were seriously pi55ed off about that and told me that DL were talking twaddle.

Thanks, i'll proceed with caution, i'd look pretty stupid in court if I said what they said on the phone as it sounds extremely silly to even me let alone a 3rd party judge

Originally Posted by scoobimax
I'm with L&V and my schedule states exhaust modifications - which is all I've got apart from minor cosmetics (clear indicators etc).

This suggests to me they like to have them listed . And they've never told me to take any pictures for in case I need to make a claim!

An insurance company saying different things to customers? I can't believe that!

I phoned Tesco for a quote last week after reading on here a bloke was quoted £400ish fully comp on a MY99 UK Turbo (like mine) with no tracker. They get to the question about is a tracker fitted. 'No' I answer. Well we can't insure it then. But I've seen a post on scoobynet for the same car with no tracker fitted and he's got a quote of... What category is it in I'm asked. No idea, what's a 'category' anyway, it's still the same model and year of car. Category is an insurance term we use. Like that expalins it clearly now, so what's the price with out a tracker then? We can't insure it without one. Right thanks for that then and for clearly explaining things to me. Guess what I'll not be calling them again. L&V still the best quote to date.
<rant mode off> sorry for all that, but feel much better for getting of my chest.

Max
Old 11 August 2004, 01:48 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

When I 1st took my policy with them I questiond this and was told that as they use thier own under writters they dont need you to list mods but would need proof of them in the event of a claim, photos, bills ect to be able to value them in the claim. I'll check my renewal when i get home to see what the policy says.

On a side note when checking the my old policy it didn't emtion track days, so i rang them and after a chat we agreed that I was coverd for non timed/ non competive trackdays, which they sent me in writting when I asked for it.
Old 11 August 2004, 08:30 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

UHF:

How many no claims bonus is the £1500 quote for?

Bob
Old 11 August 2004, 08:49 PM
UHF
Scooby Regular

I have 7 but they recognise only 6.

High insurance risk area (2nd highest grade in the UK apparently).

why?
Old 12 August 2004, 03:23 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Just so I know roughly what to expect from them....I've got 3yrs NCB.

Cheers,

Bob

Trending Topics

Old 12 August 2004, 08:58 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

They didn't give a sausage about my mods but I'm a mod and no one gives a flying *** about my opinion anyway.

If I am allowed to have one that is.
Old 12 August 2004, 09:51 PM
brian.c
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobimax

I phoned Tesco for a quote last week after reading on here a bloke was quoted £500ish fully comp on a MY99 UK Turbo (like mine) with no tracker. They get to the question about is a tracker fitted. 'No' I answer. Well we can't insure it then. But I've seen a post on scoobynet for the same car with no tracker fitted and he's got a quote of... What category is it in I'm asked. No idea, what's a 'category' anyway, it's still the same model and year of car. Category is an insurance term we use. Like that expalins it clearly now, so what's the price with out a tracker then? We can't insure it without one. Right thanks for that then and for clearly explaining things to me. Guess what I'll not be calling them again. L&V still the best quote to date.

Max
scoobimax my brothers with tesco he has 98uk turbo and pays 550ish now as price went up this year(typical) doesn't require a tracker, reason is he was insuring car with them before it became compulsary with tesco
Old 15 August 2004, 11:08 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

I am having similar situation with L.V about the mod's. They told me numerous times that they are not bothered, and yet when i get my Insurance, there is no mention of mod's anywhere either on my certificate, or even in thier booklet that tells you all about my cover. I have written them and asked for it to be in writing so i got it should i need it. I do not trust anyone who says on phone, "oh yeah, you are covered", i mean, LOL. That would really stand up in court a ?
As soon as someone says prove it, you got nothing. I want mine in writing.