Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insuring two Scoobies at the same time

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2004, 11:11 AM
Hammoc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insuring two Scoobies at the same time

Does anyone have any experience / tips on insuring two Scoobies at the same time?

My position is that I have a 2002 STi Type UK. This is insured with the Co-op (CIS) on a long standing policy I have with them. Benefits from full NCD (with protection etc).

Since buying the STi I bought a second car, a Mits Pajero, to use day to day. Diesel engine and auto for an easy life commuting. Only thing is it's a SWB which doesn't really suit me now. With an enlarged family now I really need something with 4 or 5 doors and a reasonable boot. Been looking round and keep coming back to an Impreza Wagon. Now I know it's not exactly a 'sensible' choice but I don't suppose I'll be flamed on here for thinking of having 2 Scoobs! However the Wagon is at the garage from where I bought the Pajero. Don't suppose any dealer does you any favours with a trade in, but more hope here than anywhere else. The Wagon is a 1994 Jap Import on an L reg (not sure if this makes it a Turbo or WRX??). Recently imported by the dealer so I don't think it will have any security on it (I know this will need to be sorted to get insured).

I had to take out new insurance (with Tesco) when I bought the Pajero. So I've got an existing policy with 2 ys NCD. Tesco have quoted silly money for an extra premium to change to the Impreza. I'm already paying a lot to insure the STi so it got me thinking there must be a better/cheaper way to do this.

Anyone know of somewhere that would insure these cars and let me have them both on the same policies? Failing that other options I thought of can I get the benefit of full NCD on two policies? Or what about insuring the STi on a limited mileage policy (I think I've done about 6k miles pa) - would this save me any money?

Any thoughts / assistance in avoiding lining the pockets of insurance companies greatly appreciated.

Old 15 November 2004, 01:51 PM
LEE-WRX
Scooby Regular

The wagon if its an import will be a wrx.
Your best bet to avoid paying loads to the insurance company is to have the sti on a limited mileage policy, failing that try another car.
ie: accord type r

Lee
Old 15 November 2004, 05:14 PM
MichaelH
Scooby Regular

The full NCD you have can only be applied to one car.

In a recent similar discussion someone mentioned the cheapest option for them (with 2 cars) was to get trade insurance.
Old 15 November 2004, 09:40 PM
Hammoc
Scooby Regular

Thanks LLE-WRX and MichaelH for your comments.

MichaelH - Do you know if it's possible to get trade insurance even if you're not a trader? Even if you can I recall someone saying a draw back is that you only get trade value for your car in the event of claim?
Old 16 November 2004, 01:14 PM
Jonnymac
Scooby Newbie

Try A-Plan insured both my car and wife's - got name from on here, 01635 874646.

Jonnymac