Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie Scoobie

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2004, 03:57 AM
Threelions
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Scoobie

Righto, been thinking of getting a scooby impreza for a while, trouble is I'm young (22) and just passed my test!!!

What is the best "starter" model to go for for insurance purposes, at the mo it looks like i will only get insured on a 1.6 2WD?

Is this a fairly decent model or shall i not bother till I'm older???

(btw I have kids in the car most of the time so I won't be driving like a mad man, I know the insurance comps won't care less, but i do know people have reservations about young impreza drivers)
Old 20 November 2004, 04:29 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

There isn't a 2WD Scooby. Their whole car range including the Justy is 4WD. I personally wouldn't bother until you can get into the turbo versions ; there are better choices for your requirements. If you must, I wouldn't think insurance will be a great problem as the 1.6 is just a normal family saloon, and the 4WD actually robs it of power, making it more docile than equivelent 2WD alternatives. If you've no NCD it might be better to start with the predictable Saxo/106 and work up to the good stuff.

Why not plough some of the cash you'll save on insurance and fuel into doing a couple of driving days, where you can live the dream for a day, and gain invaluable knowlege and experience for later. I can recommend my mate Howard at www.rally-drive.co.uk

Oh, and welcome to SNet
Old 21 November 2004, 10:22 AM
Threelions
Scooby Newbie

thanx for your assistance!!

bit of a bummer but i have been thinking perhaps i should wait a little bit, i'm finding it hard to get insurance as it is!! I have a full licence, yet my wife on a prov can get insurance no probs, i'm a named driver on her insurance at the mo coz i'm being asked for ****e loads, where as she is getting insurance for about 500 quid cheaper!!! wheres the logic!!

(and it's only on a Rover 218SD)
Old 21 November 2004, 10:35 AM
Tentenths
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Threelions
thanx for your assistance!!

bit of a bummer but i have been thinking perhaps i should wait a little bit, i'm finding it hard to get insurance as it is!! I have a full licence, yet my wife on a prov can get insurance no probs, i'm a named driver on her insurance at the mo coz i'm being asked for ****e loads, where as she is getting insurance for about 500 quid cheaper!!! wheres the logic!!

(and it's only on a Rover 218SD)
Try the Co Op - they're quite good for younger drivers (on low group cars).
Old 21 November 2004, 04:21 PM
Threelions
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Tentenths
Try the Co Op - they're quite good for younger drivers (on low group cars).
thanks i will, we're with direct line at the mo