Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NU Direct - Driving other cars 3rd party - moving goalposts

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2004, 03:16 PM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry NU Direct - Driving other cars 3rd party - moving goalposts

Just taken out cover with Norwich Union. First off they tried to give me their rapid bonus thing which gives you a year's NCB after only 9 months - sounds good until you find out you have to stay with them for 3 years for the NCB to apply with anyone else. I don't fancy being commited to them next year so I got them to change it to 12 month policy which added £200 to the price which I'd thought was for 12 months anyway

The new policy docs arrived but I now notice there's nothing to say I'm covered to drive other people's cars 3rd party - useful to drive my mum's now and again, plus have a go in mate's car etc. They'd confirmed this was included when taking out the policy. I've just phoned and they say they've recently changed their rules which means this isn't included for under 25 year olds - so at 20 I'm stuffed. I politely said I was dissatisfied with this given they'd promised it while I was handing over my £1000; was told to hold and they hung up! Presumably there was no provision for this on her script

Are they allowed to move the goalposts like this? There's no way I can proove they said I'd be covered for 3rd party on other cars; though I bet if they needed to proove something I'd said they'd find the recording of the phone call in a second.

Anyone reckon I stand a chance at getting them to cover me for 3rd party on my mum's car at least? It would actually be useful at the moment as she's unwell and her car is sitting idle which can't do much good; plus it's faster than mine and I want to play with it It would add £300 to her policy to add me as a named driver - not worth it as I live 100 miles away so could only drive it once every month or so.

Sorry just fancied a rant really, any suggestions other than to vote with my feet? (NU still 40% less than anyone else, despite the unexpected extra for 12 month policy)