Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2004, 09:16 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do?

I have had my sti 4 for nearly a year now. I'm 22 and have 3 years no claims. For my first year I paid £2400 for fully comp insurance. Got my renewal through today for £1900. Should I swallow the cost for another year ( I really do enjoy owning such a quick and capable car) or sell my beloved scoob and wait til i'm abit older.
Will the insurance continue to decrease at the same rate?
Any advice much appreciated.
chris
Old 02 December 2004, 12:26 PM
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

Who are you insured with? Sometimes a new quote with the same company can be cheaper than a renewal quote, several people have found this with Tesco! Although at 22 you may not find this is the case but it's worth investigating. Have you phoned around other insurers as well? Exhaust a few more avenues before swallowing the cost for another year.

I've considered selling the scoob so that I can save up some money and buy a better one! There are some good threads in Other Marques about people going from a scoob to a TDi - I'm not suggesting you do this but it's interesting to see how people have found life after their scooby!
Old 03 December 2004, 12:40 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Just ring absolutely everywhere if you really want to keep it. There will be someone cheaper out there!

Im 26 and pay £900 on an STi5. Did drop after 24...

MB