Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance and Non-fault

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2004, 04:51 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance and Non-fault

When I come to renew insurance do i need to tell them I was hit by someone and does it increase my insurance?

Ray
Old 07 December 2004, 05:17 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ray_li
When I come to renew insurance do i need to tell them I was hit by someone and does it increase my insurance?

Ray
yep, you gotta declare any road traffic accidents (RTA) if you ended up claiming against the other persons insurance company for injury or repair to your vehicle.

strictly speaking it shouldn't make any difference to your premium cost but if you had thrown in some whoppa injury claim that might go against you. Some companies just ask how much the damage cost to fix and not the injury amount so thats a bonus!

I'm with Elephant this time round and strangely enough they weren the only company who were'nt interesting in my RTA involving my motorbike.

Try out some online quotes and see if it makes any difference. Use some bogus details.

F
Old 07 December 2004, 05:31 PM
Andy_1271
Scooby Regular

provided its a no fault claim, was fully recovered AND you can prove it thaere should be no problems, I managed to get Tesco to give me 4 years NCB in light of my company car driving history.I'd been involved in a few accidents but all were fully recovered no fault claims and the company insurers kindly sent me a letter stating the fact too...

Still makes me smile that the father of the girl who rear-ended my company vectra at a junction first stated that I had reversed into her, and then decided not to answer any correspondence. he was unaware that she'd effectively admitted liability via an exchange of emails with me, the MIB appointed solicitor loved that one
Old 07 December 2004, 06:09 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Is it best for me to get a written statement from my insurance co that I was not my fault both time?
I was rear ended twice in the space of one month. Both times I was stationary.
As or injury I didnt have any the second time but the first time Im still in pain and still claiming I'll be happy not to have pains than have the money
Old 07 December 2004, 10:30 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

thats the problem with being rear ended (ohh er)... once they get a chance to converse with their mates or indeed solicitor, their story suddenly changes trying to make it look like we're the ones at fault. All that does is drag out the claim but they never (in my experience) win.

Unless your insurer is prepared to take your word for it I get the written backup. Most companies do and you'll commit to that once you sign your docs.

Sounds a bit complicated when u had two rear ends in one month. The first claim related insurer might argue that your injury may have been worsened by the second impact and try to defer the payment onto the other company. End of the day its not your problem... just enjoy the whiplash payout when it arrives.
Old 07 December 2004, 11:34 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

First thing tomorrow is to call my insurance co. up to get it it writting.
Not seena penny of that claim yet

Thanks
Old 08 December 2004, 12:24 AM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ray_li
First thing tomorrow is to call my insurance co. up to get it it writting.
Not seena penny of that claim yet

Thanks
can take several months before you'll see any money. Depends how quick the other party admits liability. It'll get sorted in the end though.
Old 11 December 2004, 02:02 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I have 3 non-faults. 2x rear shunts and 1x reversed into my parked car. Tesco added nearly £400 when i did a quote with them declared after a quote without - the barstewards!!
Old 11 December 2004, 12:14 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

whatever way you cut it, they win we always loose.
Old 11 December 2004, 01:17 PM
madwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Red face

hi ive been waiting 3 years this month for my claim to come to court, a man decided to go 80 mph in his company bmw, in a 30mph zone came off the road accross the garage forecourt, between the parked cars, through the metal shutters and managed to write off my renault 21 turbo parked inside the garage knocking the car off the ramp above it,my car was ready to collect after having £500 quid spent onit, the man was caught at the scene at 8pm in the evening, with his girlfriend both with cuts and bruises, but claimed apparantly it wasnt his fault debbie