Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I really don't understand insurance cos!

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2004, 06:34 PM
TDT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really don't understand insurance cos!

This one is directed to those in the know in the insurance industry.

I've just had Alpha-Dot put on my car and assumed that I would get some sort of reduction in my premium (the system is Thatchem Q rated). After sitting on hold for about 20 minutes, got the Technical Underwriter on the phone, who, other than sounding like it was a major incovenience to speak to me, said "it only helps get the car back so you're not having a discount." I then mentioned my Dipol lock to which he replied "we only need an immobilser to provide cover so we're not interested in anything else"

So hang on, I've spent about £1000 on extra security to reduce the risk of my car being nicked and my insurers aren't interested.

Am I being taken for a ride or is it just tough luck?
Old 15 December 2004, 06:52 PM
duart
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discounts

Long gone are the days of getting an automatic discount for extra security measures.It is well known that Tesco etc won't even cover a Scooby without a tracker.Don't even think of putting expensive security onto your car without checking with the insurance company that a decent reduction in premium is offered.

Sorry pal that I can't be more reassuring but it looks like you've done your money.