Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Admin fee

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2005, 12:35 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Admin fee

WTF is this actually for?

its like a shop keeper telling you it costs 50p for a can of coke, but he will charge you 5p extra for having to get it out the fridge and ordering more stock

i told my broker that the scoob has blown up, and i need the insurance swapped over to my "super mud burner" for a short while and they want to charge me for the privalage

i have paid for a years cover for a 280bhp rocket and they want to charge me to insure a ****e diesel run about for a small amount of time while the scooby is fixed

MADNESS!!!!

she could not even tell me how much it was going to be, there ringing me back, no doubt trying to work out how many times they can get away with mulitplying the figure before i will tell them to **** off
Old 13 June 2005, 12:53 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

£130

i can survive on a months worth of taxis and public transport for less then that

wtf i paid £1200/year in advance to insure the scoob and they want £130 for 1 month on the ****reon

even tho the scoob will not be on the road
Old 14 June 2005, 11:57 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Because of the FSA. All brokers have to disclose all charges and show a breakdown of costs.

And because brokers can't put the same charges on at the beginning of a policy as they used to they have to make money elsewhere, like admin charges for any change of your policy, i.e - changing your vehicle

The FSA say it has to be done this way, not the brokers or insurance companies.

(You can also thank the FSA for all the useless extra paperwork which is sent with policies nowadays!!!)