Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

insurance for central london

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2005, 03:58 PM
kikiokeefe
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default insurance for central london

hi all

i really want to get a wrx and have been getting insurance quotes first. I live in London Zone 2, best quote so far (29yrs, 4yrs no claim, standard MY99 spec) is £1200 - is this about right? I'm not from the UK, just migrated here, so not sure if this is just because its in London or whether its because of some other factor.

any ideas guys and gals?
Old 20 June 2005, 04:29 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

price seems a bit strong, although if you have just moved to the uk, i presume you are starting with 0 no claims discount etc.

do a search in the insurance forum for A-Plan, they seem to come up trumps.

Good luck
Old 21 June 2005, 03:18 PM
scooby11
Scooby Regular

It will most probably have something to do with Lack of UK driving experience. How long have you had a UK licence for? Or is it on a foreign licence?

Unfortunately if your NCD is foreign, not all companies will accept it. AFAIK, Directline accept foreign no claims and also foreign licences no problem, so I would give them a call. Try A PLAN THATCHAM branch they are v good with Scoobies.

Other companies that accept foreign no claims discount letters (as long as they are written in English) are:

BUDGET
NATWEST
NORWICH UNION

My cousin had the same problem, in the end he went with DirectLine as they were the cheapest, though this was on a Focus RS.