Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What now...

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2005, 02:05 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
Question What now...

Right, i'm 23, been driving for 6 years, no accidents etc... Had MY00 UK Turbo nearly 2 years, but thinking about changing to a MY98 wrx sti 2 door...
I'm with Tesco at the moment, so phoned them up and they said, ' I meet all the criteria need, apart from the tiny fact that I need to be 25'...
Anyone think of anywhere that will insure me... I'd really love to change the car now...
Been offered a really good deal on part ex... But obviously need to get some sort of quotes before I can say yes or no...
HELP!!!
Old 10 July 2005, 06:02 PM
LEE-WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoobyslammed
Right, i'm 23, been driving for 6 years, no accidents etc... Had MY00 UK Turbo nearly 2 years, but thinking about changing to a MY98 wrx sti 2 door...
I'm with Tesco at the moment, so phoned them up and they said, ' I meet all the criteria need, apart from the tiny fact that I need to be 25'...
Anyone think of anywhere that will insure me... I'd really love to change the car now...
Been offered a really good deal on part ex... But obviously need to get some sort of quotes before I can say yes or no...
HELP!!!
have you tried adrian flux, they are good for imports and modified cars on a like for like basis if you have accident www.adrianflux.co.uk
Old 10 July 2005, 11:36 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Gotta be worth a try... cheers, anyone else any ideas???
Old 11 July 2005, 01:12 AM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Cool

Just tried Performance direct, which then puts you through to jigsure for a online quote. Just had a online quote on my dads insurance, me as the main driver...£ 346.24 quid!!!
And if I want to go on my own, with no no claims bonus... £794.99 quid...!!! Surely this ain't right, someone else try...
http://www.jigsure.co.uk/default.asp...pd&referrer=PD

Last edited by Scoobyslammed; 11 July 2005 at 01:14 AM.
Old 11 July 2005, 02:39 PM
homerjay
Scooby Regular

Your premium is £2587.73

lol bargain!!!

privilege was £815
Old 11 July 2005, 03:54 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Wink

Been back on the phone to Tesco, had abit of a moan, basically said I've been with you for 2 years, 1st year paid £1870 quid up front, 2nd year paid £1550...
Never had any accidents or claims, been loyal to them etc... also mentioned that theres plenty of peeps on here and on SIDC that are under 25 years of age insured on imports... she said, hang on for 1 moment, I'll go have a word with my team leader...
She comes back and says... OK Mr ......., I've had a word, that'll be a extra £270 quid to pay til the end of the year ( Well, end of November )... Hehe, result as far as i'm concerned...
So that makes it about £1800 quid... not bad I don't think for a 23 year old??? On a STi type R ( Version 4 )... It pays to have a moan...
Old 13 July 2005, 07:52 AM
prelude
Scooby Regular

Just used the jigsaw thing above

i just quoted £1875 bloody hell thats not cheap 24 6yrs no claims no points or convictions .
I hope its alot cheaper than that in sept lol

Dan